Hi Fellow Event Planners!

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
LisaKay

Hi Fellow Event Planners!

Unread postby LisaKay » April 26th, 2017, 7:14 pm

Hey everyone!

My name is Lisa, and I just began the Wedding and Event Planning program today, and I am very excited to get started! I am based in eastern North Carolina, and have worked in Events Management through Hilton Hotels. I have my associates in Hospitality Management, and am currently finishing my bachelor's in Communication Studies. I really wanted to take this course in order to focus my skills and learn the details of Event and Wedding planning. I have always tried to find a career that would enable me to utilize my creative passions, organizational skills and my interest in interpersonal relations, and feel that Event Planning fits perfectly with my aspirations. I would love to hear from anyone who is doing any QC programs, and learn from everyone's experiences and stories. Feel free to contact me if you would like another QC student to talk to. Take care, and best of luck to everyone in your classes :D .

- Lisa K.
traciecarlton

Re: Hi Fellow Event Planners!

Unread postby traciecarlton » April 26th, 2017, 10:00 pm

Hello Lisa! I'm just getting started to. My books should be in tomorrow, so I'm waiting for those before I officially start. The aspirations you listed should like they will fit PERFECTLY with event planning! Looking forward to learning along side with you! :) Tracie
LisaKay

Unread postby LisaKay » April 27th, 2017, 8:41 pm

Hi Tracie,
So nice to meet you! I am glad to be working alongside another student at QC. Best of luck to you in starting your course, and I look forward to talking with you as we progress through the program :).

-Lisa
traciecarlton

Unread postby traciecarlton » April 27th, 2017, 9:49 pm

Started today... tomorrow I'll work on Assignment A1, I can't form a clear thought with a 15 month old and a 15 yr old screaming throughout my house! haha... Are you taking the Event & Wedding Course?
Jordo

Unread postby Jordo » April 28th, 2017, 1:11 pm

Hi Lisa,

It is great to "e-meet" you! I just signed up today and I am so excited to get started. I am based in Canada (Alberta region) and currently work as an Event Coordinator for a not for profit. We generally have about 32 events a year, anywhere from a Gala to Golf Tournaments. I am really looking forward to connecting with people in my field who are going through the same program!

Feel free to reach out if you would ever like to chat! Best of luck to everyone on their course!

-Jordan
alonariza1091

Unread postby alonariza1091 » April 29th, 2017, 12:24 am

Hello everyone! My name is Alona, and I live in Williamsburg, Virgina USA. I am originally from the Philippines, and there I had my Bachelor's degree in Hospitality Management. I work in a Country Club as a Banquet Server since August of 2016, and we do a lot of weddings and different kinds of event. I found out that I love doing events especially weddings, love the rush feeling and at the same time the joy of the people I see during the occasion. So I decided to enroll in WEP, I started April 18, 2017, and I'm on Unit A (Planning Budget). BEST OF LUCK!

Also please feel free to contact me, I would love to have some connection in this forum in the same course :D
- Alona M.
LisaKay

Unread postby LisaKay » April 29th, 2017, 2:36 pm

Tracie,

I'm sure you have your hands full! 15 months old and 15 years are both fun ages to be around, haha. I am taking the wedding and Event Course, I just finished A1, and am about to start on A2! Is that the course you're taking too?
LisaKay

Unread postby LisaKay » April 29th, 2017, 2:39 pm

HI Jordan,

Nice to "E-meet" you too! Your job sounds amazing, I am sure it is fun and rewarding to work for a nonprofit organization. Does your organization fund for a specific cause? I look forward to working along side you in this course- feel free to message me as well if you want to chat!

-Lisa
LisaKay

Unread postby LisaKay » April 29th, 2017, 2:42 pm

Hi Alona,

Nice to meet you! My husband and I are looking to eventually move up your way towards Williamsburg. That is such a nice town- lot's of history! I am sure you will have no problem finding a career in event planning in that area, especially weddings. Best of luck in the course, and feel free to message me if you would like to chat!

-Lisa
traciecarlton

Unread postby traciecarlton » May 1st, 2017, 7:49 pm

Lisa,

yes! Event and wedding planning... I'm kinda thinking of doing the Decor one after I finish.... we will see how long this one takes! haha
MissMaxine

Unread postby MissMaxine » May 2nd, 2017, 5:49 am

Hello!! I just enrolled last week. Got my materials a few days ago!! I wish you all the best and success in event and wedding planning!!
mslizz95

Unread postby mslizz95 » May 9th, 2017, 1:51 pm

Hi Guys,

I Started this course last year and I'm all the way from the UK (England)!! such a great course and I'm having so much fun doing this.
I have always wanted to be a wedding and event planner and always keen to get creative and give ideas. I'm currently on Unit C so if anyone needs a helping hand please give me a shout

:)

Return to “QC Event School General Discussion”