Question on E7

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
Aerya
Event Planner

Question on E7

Unread post by Aerya »

Hi,

I hope one of you can help me.

The budget for E7 (wedding part of the EandWP course) is very unrealistic for my region.

1. Stationary (75 invitations, reply cards and envelopes) for about $100 ($100 left over for programs and place cards) is impossible for custom/anything more than simplistic invitations, plus we need reply cards and envelopes? I found some online (vistaprint) but my tutor had previously clearly stated that it was preferred if the vendors were local, but my local vendors charge an arm and a leg ($300ish)... Is it the end of the world if I give them a higher price, or stick to online vendors?

2. Officiant. The budget is $200 but the lowest I can find in my area is $275 (for a weekday before 4pm) or $250 plus mileage. Is that acceptable?

3. Am I supposed to only find a location for the ceremony (for $300 ha!) or is this supposed to be for a reception as well? There is absolutely no way I can do both the ceremony and reception for $300.

Thanks for your help!

Stephanie
Aerya
Event Planner

Re: Question on E7

Unread post by Aerya »

FYI for whoever would need an answer in the future, I contacted my tutor and they responded that I can play around (reallocate money) with the budget and that the event is only for the ceremony.
cmontano
Event Planner

Re: Question on E7

Unread post by cmontano »

Aerya wrote:FYI for whoever would need an answer in the future, I contacted my tutor and they responded that I can play around (reallocate money) with the budget and that the event is only for the ceremony.
Phew! That's good to know - because £300 for a ceremony budget is a joke. Her wedding dress budget is what a ceremony venue would cost here!