THE GRADUATES!

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
SancheriusR1

THE GRADUATES!

Unread postby SancheriusR1 » July 13th, 2017, 11:42 am

Hello, My name is Sancherius (San- Cherry-us) I just enrolled and I am super excited!!
I have a few questions though for those who have completed and received their certification! How long did it take to complete? And how is life now after???
amaric

Re: THE GRADUATES!

Unread postby amaric » July 28th, 2017, 3:16 am

Hey! It took me a few months to complete the event & wedding course, because life got crazy busy as usual. Anyways, it took me about a month and a half after getting certified to get the guts to do something with my certification. I started my own business about a month ago and it's been a whirlwind! In the past month, I have started planning weddings for 3 brides, received an offer to plan a birthday celebration, and I am now the preferred planner/coordinator at 2 private estate venues. Although you don't need a certification to be a planner, it definitely helps especially when starting out. You need to be very interactive on social media and outgoing! Have strong instagram game, even if only 50 people follow you, act as if you have 14K, because you sill one day. Also if you have local groups on facebook, such as Temecula Valley Vendors and Venues, join! It's amazing to connect with local vendors and other planners. Don't look at local planners as competition, but as a networking opportunity. If you don't decide to start on your own, there are still so many opportunities out there. Still market yourself appropriately even if you are working for someone else. Hope this helps!

Return to “QC Event School General Discussion”