Hi, I'm new

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
Nik.Dunn

Hi, I'm new

Unread postby Nik.Dunn » March 3rd, 2018, 9:31 am

Hi everyone!

I just signed up for Event & Wedding Planning, as well as other courses. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You in advance! :)
- Nik<3
Soula

Re: Hi, I'm new

Unread postby Soula » March 5th, 2018, 4:30 pm

Hi,

Welcome to the course! I just finished unit A and I am not sure about you but if you are trying to open up your own business then I recommend to actually do research into the assignments and not to just fill in the answers with anything to just get the assignment over with. Find venues and event services that you would actually hire for your events, it may take a little longer but in the end it will be worth it for you.

Also, assignment A2 may seem like the answer is obvious by doing the math and there shouldn't be an explanation.. I thought that it was a trick question lol don't worry, just explain the math and how much extra room or less room there will be, etc.

Goodluck!
Nik.Dunn

Unread postby Nik.Dunn » March 11th, 2018, 8:37 pm

Thank you so much Soula!

I just finished A2 and I believed I explained it well enough but I'm not sure yet. Does it matter what number of square feet I would need to use to for the dance area? I used the max of 4 sq. ft.. I'm now working on A3 and getting a bit confused with all the information I've found on the subject, but I guess that's the point of the basic questions? :lol:
- Nik<3
jaxonmonet

Unread postby jaxonmonet » March 12th, 2018, 2:58 pm

Hello!
I am also study Event & Wedding Planning, and am trying to put together a sort of online study group where students from across different countries can chat via skype/google+ once a week.
Email me if you're interested!
(to email, click on my profile and there will be an email option on the left side!)

Peace,
Jacqueline
Soula

Unread postby Soula » March 18th, 2018, 8:24 pm

I used 3 sq ft, but it's between 2-4 so it's totally fine if you use 4.

Yeah don't worry about the basic questions, I googled Global Warming and read some articles then chose some questions that seemed like a guest speaker should know for example: What is greenhouse gasses?

Sorry for the late reply btw.
Nik.Dunn

Unread postby Nik.Dunn » March 18th, 2018, 10:19 pm

Haha it's ok. Thank you though for the help. Did you call/email the speakers for A3? I've been contemplating this for a couple of days now, I have the assignment all filled out, though for some reason I'm hesitant on getting ahold of the speakers.
- Nik<3
Soula

Unread postby Soula » March 21st, 2018, 3:24 pm

No, I actually looked at my local universities and tried to find a good spokesperson and I googled environmental groups and looked at their links where they told us about the people who are working for them and found a local person through that.

I live in Montreal but I looked for Ontario ones too, if you can't find one in your direct vicinity I am sure you can look outside of it.

I did send an email though, I would be WAY to nervous to call lol If you do it and get the practice of talking to people that's awesome and congrats to you! but don't get discouraged if you don't hear from anyone right away. Even on assignment B1 I am still waiting on answers and I sent it out a the beginning of the month, i've finished the unit but can't submit because I am waiting on replies.
Nik.Dunn

Unread postby Nik.Dunn » March 21st, 2018, 7:13 pm

Ah,ok! Yeah I'm not there on calling yet, I will be though. Which is funny considering I talk to people on a daily basis at my job.The speakers I found aren't in my area but are 1-2 hrs from me. I will be sending emails now. I've moved on from A3, kinda, but definitely will finish now. Thank You again!
- Nik<3
Soula

Unread postby Soula » March 21st, 2018, 10:10 pm

You're very welcome! good luck with everything and if you have any more questions do not hesitate to ask me.
I will try to help you as much as possible :)
Nik.Dunn

Unread postby Nik.Dunn » March 22nd, 2018, 8:56 am

I do have one more question, sorry. How did you attach information for A5?
- Nik<3
Soula

Unread postby Soula » March 26th, 2018, 11:58 am

I am not too sure what you mean by attach..
For A5 I just typed everything out, put it all in columns to keep it clean and imputed all the information they asked for.
For example:

Hyatt Regency Montreal
1255 Jeanne-Mance
Montreal, Quebec, H5B 1E5
: 514-982-1234
: salesmtlrm@hyatt.com
: https://montreal.regency.hyatt.com/en/h ... vents.html
Nik.Dunn

Unread postby Nik.Dunn » March 26th, 2018, 12:00 pm

Awesome! Thanks so much again! I truly appreciate it.
- Nik<3
Soula

Unread postby Soula » March 26th, 2018, 12:02 pm

It's not a problem at all! you're welcome :)

Return to “QC Event School General Discussion”