Just starting

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
InStyleGirl
Event Planner

Just starting

Unread post by InStyleGirl »

Hi everyone, I have just signed up for this course and cant wait to begin! Does anyone have any suggestions or advice on how to make the most of this course? I am planning on starting a business (partnership) once I have completed this, any helpful advice would be great, thanks everyone!
remarkable1903
Event Planner

Re: Just starting

Unread post by remarkable1903 »

hello my name iz nicole sutton an i have started thiz class as well.I am already in the process of starting my own business an have already planned my first birthday bash for a 50 year old lady so i am happy about thiz course an ready to get started.
dorothy88
Makeup Artist

Unread post by dorothy88 »

I just started too. I'm hoping to make my own business too. So good luck to you guys. :D
MakeUBeautiful
Makeup Artist

Unread post by MakeUBeautiful »

Hi. I just started as well. I received my materials today and I'm about to get started right now. I'm super excited. I'm looking to start my own business once I'm finished. One of my friends is a makeup artist already and she loves it. Goodluck everyone :D
Bal.Claire
Event Planner

Unread post by Bal.Claire »

Hello Everyone!
My name is Bal and I too am starting my business in Vancouver BC. I've already got everything going, this course is going to be my life line :D I'm really excited to get started as I already have a birthday client for this weekend and a couple wedding requests for this year and next. Good luck to you all, and happy reading! :geek:
MakeUBeautiful
Makeup Artist

Unread post by MakeUBeautiful »

@ InStyleGirl My friend is a makeup artist. She is going to mentor me and I am going to shadow her on shoots and other things, while taking this course, so that I can have more or a hands on experience. It might be a good idea for you to do the same if possible. Im sure it will definitely help you along the way.
Silynn*Pixie
Event Planner

Unread post by Silynn*Pixie »

I just started too. This is my first log in :)
I'm in suffolk, England.
I am still awaiting my course materials but soo excited.
A little nervous too but mainly excited.
How is everyone finding the course?
Are there many employment opportunities with the certification?

Thanks in advance :)

Annie x
m.brammall
Writer

Unread post by m.brammall »

Just starting aswell, my advice would be work hard and play later
nickiestyles
Makeup Artist

Unread post by nickiestyles »

Hello everyone,
I just received my kit as well. Very anxious to get started. Funny, I have a theater assignment this weekend so Im a little ahead of the game however, it will be a great learning experience. I am a stylist and have my own business but just like the rest of you I'm looking to advance in my career as well as walk through new doors. I look forward to growing with you guys!
Naomiliana
Event Planner

Unread post by Naomiliana »

im so excited about this course. im currently waiting for my kit and have already gone through the site trying to find out as much as i can is there anything that i can do whilst waiting for my kit. so that im a bit more prepared. advice would be much apritiated or am i just being over keen? xx
JDavies88
Event Planner

Unread post by JDavies88 »

Naomiliana wrote:im so excited about this course. im currently waiting for my kit and have already gone through the site trying to find out as much as i can is there anything that i can do whilst waiting for my kit. so that im a bit more prepared. advice would be much apritiated or am i just being over keen? xx
I am very much the same - still waiting for my kit and I'm eager to get going. However I have managed to do the first 2 assignments (wedding planning only course) as you don't really need the materials to do those. I've also started setting up business files on my computer and downloaded/edited the templates to suit me. Also I have started researching the steps I need to take to set up and register my own business according to my government's (UK) rules and started getting ideas for a business name. I have also purchased myself a snazzy portfolio file because it was half price and I was excited :lol:
Loury
Event Planner

Unread post by Loury »

Hello, I am just starting as well. My shipment should arrive next week. I can't wait to finally get started. I wish I would have known about this last year so I could be working right now. Better late than never though. I hope everyone is doing well.
glitter
Makeup Artist

Unread post by glitter »

Hi Everyone,
I live in South Carolina. I received my kit today and I am very excited! I am also impressed with QC. I feel with them in my corner I can accomplish all the goals I have set for myself.
I already have my "volunteer models " lined up,just waiting to look more beautiful!!!
Good Luck To All .....
tiff227
Makeup Artist

Unread post by tiff227 »

Hey all!
I too have just gotten my kit and I'm so eager to get started. I wish everyone the best of luck! I'm excited, but I'm going to be focused on doing the assignments and slowly building up my business profile. My only advice for all us beginner's is don't get too far ahead on the business aspect until you are ready. I've worked in the business end for many years, and it's easy to get excited and forget about the education part. I wish everyone luck!!