My success from the QC Wedding planning course

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
Diligent
Event Planner

My success from the QC Wedding planning course

Unread postby Diligent » November 14th, 2012, 8:43 pm

I signed up for the QC Wedding planning course in the fall of 2010 and went ahead and opened my business in January of 2011 even though I had not finished the course.
I was so excited when I finished the course in the spring of 2012! It took me a bit longer then I wanted, but that was because I was doing weddings at the same time.

I learned so much from the course and have referred back to my books on several occasions. Especially when a client asks me something and I remember it was covered in the course. The confidence gained due to the knowledge received from the QC wedding planning course has been invaluable! I started going to wedding professional meet up groups early on and was immediately looked on as an equal due to my level of knowledge.

I am happy to say that I have had the privilege of working with several clients already. In the 2011 wedding season I did 8 events and in the 2012 wedding season which just ended in my area I did 10 events. Most were weddings, but there was a couple anniversary parties also. And I am happy to say that I already have 2 clients booked for next years wedding season.

Please feel free to check out my web site! http://www.diligentdetails.com :D
InStyleGirl
Event Planner

Re: My success from the QC Wedding planning course

Unread postby InStyleGirl » January 6th, 2013, 7:20 pm

Congrats, well done. I am half way through my course and have just opened a partnership business myself, www.twent3events.com, i am happy to say we have our first paid event this april, I am hoping to be doing weddings by later this year, those are the events I am very interested in doing, any advice?
InStyleGirl
Event Planner

Unread postby InStyleGirl » January 6th, 2013, 7:21 pm

Should be twenty3events.com, keyboard sticks :oops:
NHMcPhetridge
Event Planner

Unread postby NHMcPhetridge » May 30th, 2013, 2:24 am

Hi ladies congrats on your event planning success!
I just started the course and I would like to gain clients but I am unsure on how I
should go about it. This is a new career path and I've done a few parties but how do
I get more clients in order to gain experience in this industry? Any ideas would be
appreciated.

Thanks
Monalisa

Unread postby Monalisa » May 2nd, 2015, 5:35 am

I am very excited to share this with you but I have already started my own business ever since I started QC and everything has been turning out so great and I have been really motivated. I have my own business cards, brochures, marketing pens, and tshirts for me and my business partner. I did all this within 3 weeks of starting. I have always planned events for friends and family, but this school has taught me a lot so far and has broadened my mind and I just wanted to share that with you. I have my own domain name which is www.monaspartyplanning.net, email address, and even a business line for clients to connect with me. I am planning on going global with everything and I have a life story that is very inspirational to young adults. I have rheumatoid arthritis and has had it since the age of 7 years old but has always been an active child and a go getter. I also have a 9 year old son that I take care of on my own with no whereabouts from the father. I enjoy party planning and it may had took a while for me to figure out my calling, but I can really say that I am glad I finally did. I will be going off to New York to promote my business because I want to travel and plan parties for celebrities or I may even become one. This is my dream; if there is a way to share my accomplishment with anyone. Please do that and Thank you for all your help!
***I got almost everything I need and soon I will create a fundraising event to raise money to purchase all business products that I need to really get this business rolling. This was all thanks to you guys and a big step and transition for myself**This is my new beginning!

Return to “QC Event School General Discussion”