Event Decor

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
MarciaA

Event Decor

Unread postby MarciaA » December 20th, 2019, 10:46 pm

Hello, are there any experienced event designers here? I am looking for some guidance and inspiration. I have just completed my event design course and I'm ready to decorate my first event but I am very nervous. Not nervous about decorating but about my first client meeting, contract, budget, forms etc.:(
TanishaB10

Re: Event Decor

Unread postby TanishaB10 » February 9th, 2020, 7:49 pm

Hi Marcia, the jitters go away with time, just believe in your self and only advertise what you can truly offer. Practise in your spare time at home, and do 1 or 2 probono events to hone your craft. The HARD part is mostly a difficult client. The easy part is putting your colours together. Search for contract templates online. Gather from those and tweek to your liking. Later on maybe get it legally done. Honey book is good for getting a handle on contracts and budget forms. they offer 1 month free for event planners. I just started out as a business, but have been in the industry for awhile. do you have a instagram page or website . check out my page here...blushdecorhalifax on intagram.
TanishaB10

Re: Event Decor

Unread postby TanishaB10 » February 9th, 2020, 7:49 pm

Hi Marcia, the jitters go away with time, just believe in your self and only advertise what you can truly offer. Practise in your spare time at home, and do 1 or 2 probono events to hone your craft. The HARD part is mostly a difficult client. The easy part is putting your colours together. Search for contract templates online. Gather from those and tweek to your liking. Later on maybe get it legally done. Honey book is good for getting a handle on contracts and budget forms. they offer 1 month free for event planners. I just started out as a business, but have been in the industry for awhile. do you have a instagram page or website . check out my page here...blushdecorhalifax on intagram.

Return to “QC Event School General Discussion”