An Open Letter for Those Who've Been Here For A While

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
mvrawlsMM

An Open Letter for Those Who've Been Here For A While

Unread post by mvrawlsMM »

Hi. My name is Mia.

I paid for this program in full almost 5 years ago, and today marks the halfway mark of completion for me. (Wow, I know, right?!)

I finished college, became a flight attendant, quit, began a career as a social worker, relocated FOUR TIMES, and I'm still going! Life got really busy for me, and my priorities became more about longevity and job security than my personal happiness.

The COVID-19 pandemic is NOT; I repeat, is NOT a blessing is disguise. It is a major crisis we are watching unfold, although I am hopeful for the future. However, I decided that now is the time to make the most use of my time teleworking and completing my certification. The tools I need for the vision I've had for the last 12+ years has an opportunity to flourish, and I am excited to take the next step. I plan to be done and certified by or before 06/01/2020. I am more than halfway done! :D

To anyone who has not been consistent but has the desire to, I hear you and I see you. Be kind to yourself! It's ok, you did what you knew to do best at those times before you read this post. Keep going, develop some discipline, READ, get active!

Thanks for reading, everyone! Be safe, stay strong and be good to yourself. You deserve it! <3
SSScarborough

Re: An Open Letter for Those Who've Been Here For A While

Unread post by SSScarborough »

Thanks for sharing your journey Mia! I paid for my Event Planning course in 2017 and my 3 yr completion date is coming up. I haven't completed it before now because of great life events and time getting away from me. But, I've reorganized some things and purposed to be more intentional about completing the course. I will be kind to myself and look forward to achieving this goal. Wishing everyone the best.
christasmile

Unread post by christasmile »

Hello! I'm halfway through my Event Planning course...I enrolled 4/30/18. I read that I only have 2 years (4/30/20) to complete the course. How did you get your time extended? Do I pay additional fees? I can't find the information on the website. Thank you!
ccattoh

Unread post by ccattoh »

Hi Mia,

I just woke up from my slumber.

Thanks for the wake up call.

Very much appreciated.

Let's get it done.

Wishing you super speed ....
spamela416

Unread post by spamela416 »

Hello All

My name is Pamela, and I took QC Professional Organization Course some time ago, completed at that time - Recently, I enrolled in the Event & Wedding Planning Course I believe in April 2020 - I am about 1/2 way through - hope to finish very soon.

Very well words for all to be inspired and encouraged !!

I believe there is a reason for everything - call it what you want or don't want to - a Blessing in Disguise - God works in mysterious ways - a Terrible situation etc.

COVID 19 is most definitely a horrible situation - and I truly hope we are all healthy & safe....that said, if you are now at home back to your studies that you have put off because of 'other busy events in life' then is it possible to consider.....We are experiencing some type of positive, blessing in disguise or see that god works in mysterious ways? And please I do mean that completely respectfully to all of the tireless work that is done by our Front Line workers, or to those who have been ill or worse, lost their lives.

We all make choices and the one thing I have learned in my mid long life thus far is that I have many interests and passions and sometimes I make myself too busy to fulfill some of the things I have not been able to complete or to enjoy the things I have completed. I believe anything we have done, work or careers we have / had along this journey to who or what are suppose to be, is always for a reason.

This time has caused a lot of people to reflect and think about what is really important and to reach out to those we have forgotten about - this my friends is a time where we decide.

Wanted to share - Hope all is well and healthy and Best of Luck to All of us!!!
rosine

Unread post by rosine »

hi Everyone

I am not even half way through. safe to say my time is up in October but lookslike I will have to extend the course :cry: I have only just started last week, on to my 2nd assessment now

here is to us making it through.
RebaAnne

Unread post by RebaAnne »

Hi everyone! I am very new here. Thank you for sharing your stories. I have only been registered for a month but part of the reason I decided to take Master Make Up Artist is I have been working as a Volunteer firefighter and health care aide (in a hospital) during the pandemic. It has been a true mix of emotions and true fears. My husband is a paramedic as well and we have a 3 year old son. So you can only imagine how I have been feeling while we have been working. I swear this course has kept me feeling like myself again as I have something else to focus on. I received a very good mark on my first unit of my course and I am excited for the next! If anyone here uses Instagram, My account is @beauty_inside_and_out1 if you find me on Facebook where I have started an album for my QC studies, It is Rebecca Morrison! I am wearing red lipstick in my profile photo.

Good luck to all!!
HGoff

Unread post by HGoff »

Thank you for sharing your journey.
ThaliaT

Unread post by ThaliaT »

Hey everyone,

I have been happily reading all of your stories and I am certainly glad that I am not alone. My 3 year mark for my Event Planning Course is approaching March of next year and although that seems somewhat far away, I have definitely procrastinated. I have let it go because..well.... life. Life happens and you do your best.
I decided with this pandemic that I would do my best and re-focus, although I have still been working full-time through the entire pandemic. I am pushing through my course. I have a total of 4 to do. I have completed 2 (1 through the pandemic) and on my way to finishing the 3rd. Then I have one more course.
We got this and we will all get through this. Wishing everyone the best of luck.

Stay safe!