Help: Business Plan

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
Becks
Event Planner

Help: Business Plan

Unread postby Becks » January 6th, 2013, 1:37 pm

I am new to doing this course and am a little stuck. Assignment A: setting out my business plan. Every time I try to work on this I have a complete mental block and have no idea where to start! Can anyone share a few tips/pointers on how I can get started, I would be so grateful.

Becky
Aaryn
Event Planner

Re: Help: Business Plan

Unread postby Aaryn » January 6th, 2013, 2:41 pm

Welcome to the party Becky!

Business plan...first just be okay with it being a first draft (I changed mine 3 times before implementing it). I made a list of the types of events I wanted to do and the ones I wanted to shy away from. Next, I did a little research on the event market in my town and made a list of the qualities/ uniqueness I could bring to my customers that they wouldn't find other places. The pricing was the most difficult for me to pin down, still a work in progress. And marketing- are you hoping to catch the younger crowd for weddings and dinner parties? Social media might be your best bet. If you are looking for corporate clientele, your marketing might include direct mailer pieces and lunches with key people within the organization.

Hope this helps a bit..Good Luck!

Aaryn
Becks
Event Planner

Unread postby Becks » January 6th, 2013, 2:46 pm

Thanks Aaryn, you have been very helpful. I am pretty sure there will be more than 3 drafts for me! I am loving the course so far and just want to get on with the next assignment.

Becky
amandaemme
Event Planner

Unread postby amandaemme » February 23rd, 2013, 4:27 pm

Thank you!!!! I needed to know this as well.....any further advice?

Return to “QC Event School General Discussion”