Newbie *Advice Appreciated*

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
Nlis01
Event Planner

Newbie *Advice Appreciated*

Unread postby Nlis01 » January 30th, 2013, 2:01 pm

Hey Everyone,
I signed up for the course a few days ago, and received my course material today. I am SUPER excited to begin, and learn as much as I can, as I have high hopes for starting my own business once I complete.

I don't have any experience planning any official events, but this is what I have always dreamed of doing. Any advice from anyone currently enrolled in the course, or anyone that has completed would be greatly appreciated! :D
CLM Events Services
Event Planner

Re: Newbie *Advice Appreciated*

Unread postby CLM Events Services » January 30th, 2013, 4:53 pm

Hi there. I did the course for an IEWP Certification, and even thought I have had previous practical experience in event planning, I find the course very challenging, and going through the exercises are just like doing an Event by itself, so that will count as an experience.

After my course completion in May 2013, I have kicked off my Event Planning business this month, and in the course of starting up the biz, I found myself going through the course materials again, because everything in there have been very helpful resources. Plus, QC's support system, through tutors and administrators, and peers, have all been awesome!

So, totally go for it, and immense yourself! It has been a rewarding re-learning experience for me, so I am confident that you will enjoy it, and have much success in it!

All the best!
Nlis01
Event Planner

Unread postby Nlis01 » January 30th, 2013, 6:49 pm

Thank you for the advice, I am looking forward to the challenges that this course will place me in front of!
fancytracy
Event Planner

Unread postby fancytracy » January 30th, 2013, 7:26 pm

I am a newbie as well, I am super excited too. Good luck to you.! :D
Nlis01
Event Planner

Unread postby Nlis01 » January 31st, 2013, 10:30 am

Goodluck to you as well!!
vcuentas
Makeup Artist

Unread postby vcuentas » February 6th, 2013, 1:07 am

hi!! I'm also a newbie!! Just received materials today.... I'm so excited to start. good luck to u!!!!!

Return to “QC Event School General Discussion”