Hi Just thought I'd introduce myself - from Glasgow

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
Sharon Smith
Event Planner

Hi Just thought I'd introduce myself - from Glasgow

Unread post by Sharon Smith »

Hi I just thought I'd introduce myself to everyone.

I'm from Erskine just outside of Glasgow, Scotland and started with the school last month so I'm just working through Unit B, hoping to finish it next week.

I'm also starting an event management business at the same time, dont like to do anything by halfs lol :)

Would be good to hear from anyone how they are getting on and any tips would be fab.

Sharon
corus84
Event Planner

Re: Hi Just thought I'd introduce myself - from Glasgow

Unread post by corus84 »

Hi Sharon
I'm Allan, just outside Glasgow too! Nice to see I'm not the only one. I've just submitted Unit A, how are you getting on with Unit B?
Good luck with the course!
Sharon Smith
Event Planner

Hi Allan

Excellent, I'd read all the previous posts and never noticed anyone else from Scotland at all never mind near me..

I'm getting there with Unit B, just at assignment 6, setting up my website now, which will give me tips because I'm trying to get a website designed for business at the same time.

How you finding it? You shouldnt have to wait long before you get your results for unit A, if it helps they were really quick coming back with results for mine. I think it only took a couple of days to get the results so thats good because it says it can take up to 10 working days I think.

good luck with the course and we can maybe bang ideas of each other going through the units :)
corus84
Event Planner

Unread post by corus84 »

Yeah that would be good to get some ideas from each other going through this. I am really enjoying it so far, have been wanting to do it for a few years now and finally decided to take the plunge. I found Unit A fairly easy, although I should really wait to see what grades I get before saying that. Oh I really hope its just a few days before I get the results.

So is the business you aer starting just now going to be the start of your planning business too? I have thought about starting my own business and as much as I would love it, it sounds very difficult to do.

The website design assignment seems like fun. I also noticed in one of the other units an assignment where you have to design a table centre piece, can't wait to do that one too! I have so many ideas going around in my head.
Kdunson
Event Planner

Unread post by Kdunson »

Good Luck to Both of you.. I am from Southern California :D ... I hate to interject but was wondering how the results for grades show up and are we notified when our grades are in ?? I am finished with A and B but can not submit B until A has been graded and I am totally on pins and needles waiting lol ... Hope all is well Thank you in Advance for any tips :D

Kristina
corus84
Event Planner

Unread post by corus84 »

Hi Kristina
I am not sure if we will receive an email from the tutor to tell us they have been marked. Then I think we check them and get our grades through the review assignments section. Perhaps Jane will be able to tell us better.

I'm just working through Unit B now, how did you find it?
Good Luck with the rest of the course
Allan
corus84
Event Planner

Unread post by corus84 »

Sorry I meant Sharon, oops. Jane was from another post I replied to... my apologies :oops:
Kdunson
Event Planner

Unread post by Kdunson »

I found be to be a good learn and it came pretty easy I have been event and wedding planning for 13 years now and I am currently an assistant to the owner of a wonderful wedding and event design and decor company I have to get certified in order to do events and weddings on my own with the company so this is my last stop to my dream postion and then after this it will be destination certs as well as decor seminars and what not if you have any questions and i can help I would be happy to do you :D Good Luck and thanks hope I gett my first grades soon im dying to submit B and am a 1/4 of the way through C ... Thank you

Best Wishes
Kristina Dunson
Sharon Smith
Event Planner

Hi Kristina

You should get an email to let you know your assignment has been marked and you log onto your account to get the results. You'll get a grade for the unit and you'll also get an audio with your tutor talking you through each section of the unit and giving feedback on how well you done or where you could improve. I didnt expect that so had to rush for headphones so I could hear it claerly lol, but its really detailed feedback so thats good.
Thats really great to hear how successful you have been with your business and I will take you up on the offer of questions thanks :)
Good luck and you shouldnt have to wait long

Allan - dont worry I pretty much answer to anything and Jane is pretty mild lol.... Just finished the website assignment now but was good to actually get the testimonials and photos of events becuase I can use them for the business site. Yeh the business I'm starting now is the planning business but probably focus initially on corporate although will still do weddings if they come up. Fingers crossed it works, so far I've spoken to a few companies and been doing research trying to get out there. I actually think this industry is really friendly though and more inclined to work together in partnership. I havent read the table centre piece but now I'm nosey so going to be reading ahead lol.
Laura1963
Writer

Unread post by Laura1963 »

Hi, All!

I'm Laura in Atlanta, Georgia, home of Gone With the Wind. I was actually thinking I would love to write a romance situated in Scotland. I read a variety of genres, both romance and classics. I enjoyed "The Scottish Bride" by Catherine Coulter. :D
By the way, I visited Scotland for a few days last summer.
Laura
Sharon Smith
Event Planner

Hi Laura

Nice to hear from you and hope you enjoyed your trip to Scotland, I've never been to Atlanta so far but theres always time :)

Good luck with your course and you never know once you finish you can maybe get down to writing that novel and come back to Scotland for your research..

Sharon :)