How much do I charge? HELP!

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
bexebop
Event Planner

How much do I charge? HELP!

Unread postby bexebop » February 24th, 2013, 7:10 pm

So a good friend of mine is a Maid of Honour for her friends wedding (I don't know this friend), and the friend has asked me to plan her wedding. I was already a good planner prior to starting this course but needed a bit of help.... Do I charge her? If so how much? Do I just hope she gives something my way? HELP
amandaemme
Event Planner

Re: How much do I charge? HELP!

Unread postby amandaemme » March 1st, 2013, 3:31 pm

I think this is up to you and your level of personal expertise. If you believe you have enough experience and knowledge go ahead and charge. Personally in that situation I would ensure your not charging a full rate if you don't have a thorough portfolio and reference to back you up. If you do then you should absolutely charge a regular price.

If you don't feel comfortable charging yet then ask the bride if you can plan and use some pictures from her wedding in your portfolio and also get a letter of reference in exchange. That way you have a great start for your future events. :)

Hope this helps :)
bexebop
Event Planner

Unread postby bexebop » March 3rd, 2013, 6:43 pm

Thanks Amanda,

only just saw your post. She won't be giving me physical money but is letting me use her photos and a few bottles of champers! Can't go wrong with that :P
amandaemme
Event Planner

Unread postby amandaemme » March 7th, 2013, 8:22 am

That still sounds like an awesome deal. That's what I have been doing as well :)

Return to “QC Event School General Discussion”