Anybody from Pennsylvania or New Jersey??

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
Kay Dee
Event Planner

Anybody from Pennsylvania or New Jersey??

Unread postby Kay Dee » March 5th, 2013, 2:21 pm

i received all of my materials this past thursday and i'm just trying to finish the optional assignment for unit a so i can submit all of my assignments... is there anyone in the PA or NJ area that is also doing event and wedding planning??
Jenna.Nicole
Event Planner

Re: Anybody from Pennsylvania or New Jersey??

Unread postby Jenna.Nicole » March 6th, 2013, 12:33 pm

I am from New Jersey. I am new here. I am still waiting for my Unit A course materials to arrive. Im not sure how the course works.
Kay Dee
Event Planner

Unread postby Kay Dee » March 8th, 2013, 9:22 am

what part of jersey are you from?? i just started unit b so if you need help with anything in unit a, let me know
Jenna.Nicole
Event Planner

Unread postby Jenna.Nicole » March 8th, 2013, 10:33 am

I am from Northern New Jersey. Im like 45 min from the delaware water gap and about an hour from east stroudsburg. What part of Pennsylvania are you from?
Kay Dee
Event Planner

Unread postby Kay Dee » March 8th, 2013, 10:36 am

I'm in Easton but I'm always in Phillipsburg,NJ because i babysit my cousin's girlfriend's daughter and the neighbor's daughter as well
Jenna.Nicole
Event Planner

Unread postby Jenna.Nicole » March 8th, 2013, 11:13 am

Oh ok. Im like 45 min from philipsburg. I appreciate you offering to help. Thank you so much. I am kind of nervous.
Kay Dee
Event Planner

Unread postby Kay Dee » March 8th, 2013, 1:47 pm

oh, okay, that's not terribly far... i understand you being nervous, though... i graduated high school back in 2005 and i got certified in office administration back in 2009 so i haven't done any schooling in 4 years now so i totally understand being nervous... but, don't worry... once you get your materials you'll feel a lot better... the way they break down each unit makes it seem to go smoother than you originally thought... but again, if you need help, don't hesitate to ask... I'm sure you'll be fine, though, once you get your materials and go through them..
Jenna.Nicole
Event Planner

Unread postby Jenna.Nicole » March 8th, 2013, 1:56 pm

I really do appreciate your advice. I have not been in school since 2007. So i know how you felt. I been working in customer service since then. My books had just arrived. Thank you for your advice :)
Kay Dee
Event Planner

Unread postby Kay Dee » March 8th, 2013, 4:11 pm

good luck :D since you've been working in customer service, you should be fine... but again, if you need help, let me know... or, if you'd like to meet up and go over assignments, let me know, too... glad my advice could help :)
Jenna.Nicole
Event Planner

Unread postby Jenna.Nicole » March 10th, 2013, 9:28 pm

thank you!!! :roll:
Jenna.Nicole
Event Planner

Unread postby Jenna.Nicole » March 12th, 2013, 5:01 pm

DO you happen to know how the grading works? And where you can find your grades ?
Jenna.Nicole
Event Planner

Unread postby Jenna.Nicole » March 12th, 2013, 6:03 pm

Do you happen to know how the grading workes?
Kay Dee
Event Planner

Unread postby Kay Dee » March 13th, 2013, 11:31 am

i haven't gotten my grade yet from unit a but you have to upload all your assignments to the school's website first... then, once they're all uploaded you click "i'm ready to submit my assignments" then you unfortunately have to wait for 5-10 days to get your grade... your tutor will upload your grades via youtube because they explain what might need work, what to fix, what you did great on, etc etc
Zionspeace47
Event Planner

Unread postby Zionspeace47 » March 27th, 2013, 11:13 pm

Hi, my name is Lisa I actually live 20 minutes from Philadelphia. I am new to the course, but very excited. I not sure how this course goes, but I am hoping to learn all I can to become a event and wedding planner. I just submitted my first assignment and hope I did it right. I've taken some other online courses, but wasn't too happy about my career choice. Now, I have decided to do something I am passionate about. I wish everyone all the best, and look forward to this new career path.
Jenna.Nicole
Event Planner

Unread postby Jenna.Nicole » March 29th, 2013, 3:07 pm

Welcome Lisa! I am almost done with unit A so if you have any questions you can ask me I will answer them the best way I can.
Kay Dee
Event Planner

Unread postby Kay Dee » April 1st, 2013, 6:05 pm

glad to have another pa person here :) I'm almost done with unit c and i love it so far... if you need Amy help just let me know :)

Return to “QC Event School General Discussion”