QC students....I need your great ideas!!

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
binette
Event Planner

QC students....I need your great ideas!!

Unread postby binette » March 14th, 2013, 2:11 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have completed my course and has relocated back to my home country.

My childhood friend has established a business by the beach( food, drinks and music...) he will like to do the grand opening very soon but he would like the theme to focus on families with children because he has recently bought some bouncers and slide which he would like to promote on the day. He's thinking to have a barbecue as well.

He would like me to propose him a project, meanly to advise him on what he should do regarding the food, activities for the kids not to forget the adult, he would like to entertain the whole family.

I am a little bit panicking because this is my first event.

Also for the advertising purposes, he need a name or statement to captivate his targeted audience.

Any ideas ???

Many thanks
Binette
cmontano
Event Planner

Re: QC students....I need your great ideas!!

Unread postby cmontano » April 3rd, 2013, 4:14 am

Hi! Wow, lucky you! Your friend is giving you a great opportunity :) I would be nervous too though.

You could do some fun beach activities if the event is close enough - it would be a shame to not use all that sand! If not then you could definitely make use of the outdoor space. If there is a decking/balcony area then you could have live music there, or place them outside as most of the guests would be around the BBQ area.

If you're close enough to the beach then you could have all the kids activities on the sand, if not then outside would definitely be great! You can already use the bouncers and the slide, so that's a help! There could also be hula hoop contests for the kids - it would be fun and even the adults could join in. Maybe a coconut shy or a sac race too. I'd have a few bowls of sweets near all the games for the kids to help themselves, so that everyone is a winner!

As for food, if he wants a BBQ then maybe just focus on the regular BBQ foods - different meats (depending on what you have available to your locality - sausages, burgers, chicken, ribs) and some sea food like tuna fillets/other available fish/prawn skewers! You're by the sea so would probably be able to get really fresh fish and maybe score some discounts.

For drinks you could have beach themes - but more in the colours rather than the names. Sex on the beach is an orange/yellow cocktail and can be done as a virgin cocktail/soft drink for the kids. Definitely get some local light beers in for the guys - it is a BBQ by the beach after all!

Hope this helps!!!
Claudia
binette
Event Planner

Re: QC students....I need your great ideas!!

Unread postby binette » May 31st, 2013, 3:09 pm

Thanks Claudia, you have given me some great inspirations.... I will keep you updated.

Thx
Binette

Return to “QC Event School General Discussion”