Business names???

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
bexebop
Event Planner

Business names???

Unread post by bexebop »

Hi guys!

Just wondering how long it took you to come up with a business name? I am really eager to start working on a website etc but am having a lot of trouble coming up with a name..

Any suggestions on how I can concur one up?
EP9586
Event Planner

Re: Business names???

Unread post by EP9586 »

Hi,

I'm considering setting up a business too, and have been thinking about names too. The best thing is for your business name to reflect what you do and how well you do it. I'm from London and there are business names such as Inventive Events or Grand Slam Events Ltd, which really catch your attention as creative event companies that will exceed expectations when planning an event.
A lot of people want to attach their name to their business, e.g.Steven Duggans Events!! And although this may seem like a suitable name, it isn't as professional, nor will it catch the attention of a potential client that wants a huge, amazing event.
Once you have chosen your business name, it is also important to ensure that this name is not already being used by another business, and is available both as a business name and as a potential domain for your website. A website such as www.register.com will help you to do this.

If you wanted to set up a limited company, there are company formation agents that are available to form/set up the business for you for a fee. This helps if you're not sure about the procedures for setting up your business. They will set up the company for you, register it with companies house or whatever the equivalent may be where you are from, and then send you the relevant paperwork. This will make the process easier, however, be aware that once the company is set up, you are then obliged to follow all the relevant rules and regulations for regulatory submissions to the appropriate authorities.

Hope this helps,

Minal