Where to start..

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
JennAdams

Where to start..

Unread postby JennAdams » July 11th, 2013, 9:49 am

Hey Everyone! My name is Jennifer and I just sent in my last unit for Event/Wedding Planning. And I was wondering if there is anyone out there that could give me advice as to where to start now. I am unsure which steps to take first in starting my new career.
Also How did some of you get your business names out there, other than through advertising. I am super excited but nervous about my first few steps in the new career.

Thanks!
HayleyField
Event Planner

Re: Where to start..

Unread postby HayleyField » July 14th, 2013, 6:16 am

Hey Jennifer,

Congratulations on completing the course - I have 2 assignments to go.

I set up my business this year, and have planned a couple of events for friends and family.

I had a very limited budget so used social media to market myself, mostly Facebook (here's my page: www.facebook.com/mermaidevents), but also have Twitter, Pinterest & Instagram accounts too. These are all free to set up but require a big time investment to keep them up to date.

Once I'd generated some interest in my facebook page (& managed to save some cash) I had a website developed:

www.mermaidevents.co.uk

SEO is important to make sure you appear near the top of Google search, but the web developers can sort this for you.

I did some research & it seems most brides to be hang out online so I concentrate on online marketing - print ads etc are expensive & hit and miss in my opinion but it may be different in your area.

Hope that helps, best of luck with your new business!

Hayley

Return to “QC Event School General Discussion”