Where to start..

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
JennAdams

Where to start..

Unread post by JennAdams »

Hey Everyone! My name is Jennifer and I just sent in my last unit for Event/Wedding Planning. And I was wondering if there is anyone out there that could give me advice as to where to start now. I am unsure which steps to take first in starting my new career.
Also How did some of you get your business names out there, other than through advertising. I am super excited but nervous about my first few steps in the new career.

Thanks!
HayleyField
Event Planner

Re: Where to start..

Unread post by HayleyField »

Hey Jennifer,

Congratulations on completing the course - I have 2 assignments to go.

I set up my business this year, and have planned a couple of events for friends and family.

I had a very limited budget so used social media to market myself, mostly Facebook (here's my page: www.facebook.com/mermaidevents), but also have Twitter, Pinterest & Instagram accounts too. These are all free to set up but require a big time investment to keep them up to date.

Once I'd generated some interest in my facebook page (& managed to save some cash) I had a website developed:

www.mermaidevents.co.uk

SEO is important to make sure you appear near the top of Google search, but the web developers can sort this for you.

I did some research & it seems most brides to be hang out online so I concentrate on online marketing - print ads etc are expensive & hit and miss in my opinion but it may be different in your area.

Hope that helps, best of luck with your new business!

Hayley