How can I get trade discounts?

Talk about your designs, ask questions about your assignments, and get advice from your peers.
MaiaPugielli

How can I get trade discounts?

Unread postby MaiaPugielli » September 10th, 2014, 10:37 am

I have recently completed my Interior Decorator course and would love to get discounts on the materials and furnishings I purchase for my clients. How do I make this happen?
TammyM
Designer

Re: How can I get trade discounts?

Unread postby TammyM » September 23rd, 2014, 8:11 pm

Hello Maia,
I can't answer your question but I am going through the course right now. I am studying the Redesign aspect of interior decorating to add to my experience as a Professional Organizer. I was wondering how you liked the course. Are you working as an Interior Decorator or a Redesigner. I live in Massachusetts. It would be great to hear from you.

Tammy
mykidzmomx3

Unread postby mykidzmomx3 » October 9th, 2014, 12:03 pm

I was just coming to the forum to ask the same question! Hoping someone can direct us, as I never found this information in the course and it was one of my big reasons for taking the course.

Also, I found that I can purchase paint fan decks from certain stores. I usually use Sherwin-Williams paint, should I just purchase one from them or would others recommend Benjamin Moore, etc. as well?
MR05e

Unread postby MR05e » December 8th, 2014, 10:03 am

I'm pretty sure you have to talk to businesses in your area and set something up. Look in your course booklet about textiles (interior decorating course). I'm pretty sure something's mentioned in there. Good luck!
CyndiM

Unread postby CyndiM » December 8th, 2014, 2:28 pm

If I were you, I would go to a local business. Try and stick with that one company. The more business you bring to them, the more discount they are willing to give you and your clients!

Hope this helps & good luck!
MontagueDesigns

Unread postby MontagueDesigns » April 8th, 2016, 8:43 pm

I formed an LLC and received my EIN from the IRS. Submit your IRS form to the company you'd like to receive trade discounts from and they usually will grant them. Some places like Pier 1 will want to see an ASID certification and proof of experience before granting one, but Wayfair was really simple. Trade discounts with Wayfair also gives you discounts with Joss and Main, Birch Lane, Dwell Studios, and AllModern as well.
thereseprentice

Unread postby thereseprentice » August 9th, 2016, 3:01 am

In order to get a trade discount with Pier 1 you only need to send them your credentials, Resale certificate number, Company name and EIN sheet you got from the IRS. I just got mine from them without a problem and I do not have an ASID certificate. I have an account exec with Wayfair I love, if you need someone.

Return to “Interior Decorating”