i'm new here.

Talk about your designs, ask questions about your assignments, and get advice from your peers.
SumaiyaAslam

i'm new here.

Unread postby SumaiyaAslam » November 6th, 2015, 3:29 pm

Hi everyone. :) i am new here. FINALLY my dream is coming true. So EXCITED to start this course.
need advice.. is it a good idea to start my own business right after completing this course.?
Terell

Re: i'm new here.

Unread postby Terell » January 26th, 2016, 12:04 am

Ik that's some people's plans, but my plan is to get some work experience first. There are lots of stores selling design materials or even furniture that hire interior decorators, so my plan is to do something like that for a bit first to build my skills and confident, and maybe even get a few references while I'm at it.
ageide

Unread postby ageide » January 26th, 2016, 10:33 am

Hi,

that is actually my plan. i have worked in the real estate industry for a long time as a office manager. I know many real estate agents actually use home stagers and decorators so I've built up a pool of people I can refer my skills to once I complete this course. But I also agree with Terell, it's also very good to have experience that way we learn the theory from school but the practice from real life.
Terell

Unread postby Terell » January 26th, 2016, 11:29 am

Looks like you already got the experience and clientele i'll b looking for!

Return to “Interior Decorating”