Talk about your designs, ask questions about your assignments, and get advice from your peers.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: November 19th, 2012, 10:28 am
Hello Future Designers!
I am so excited to get started. I am in FL. I look forward to enhancing my own home with the knowledge I gain and my future clients.
I have a question. I hope someone can answer as I do not have a mentor/teacher yet.
1. Have you offered your "skills" for free to family and friends to build your portfolio and have you gained anything from it other than experience?
Thank you for your time.
- Posts: 8
- Joined: April 3rd, 2012, 1:31 pm
Hi Debbie - When I first started, I asked friends if they would let me "practice" on a room in their home. I take before and after photo's to add to my preliminary portfolio - I also do alot of "practicing" in my own home!
- Posts: 4
- Joined: February 22nd, 2013, 9:43 pm
just experience, but that I was looking for
- Posts: 1
- Joined: June 17th, 2013, 5:21 pm
i suck on drawing, will that be an obstacle in my future career?