Unit D very hard

Talk about your designs, ask questions about your assignments, and get advice from your peers.
LH1

Unit D very hard

Unread post by LH1 »

Hi
I just got my marks from unit D and didn't do as well as I hoped. I had a feeling I was in for a poor mark as I struggled with some of the floorplans and directions in the assignments. I'm also not a neat writer or artist, In fact my talents really do lie elsewhere.
For the colour assignment I don't know how with paints or pencils you're supposed to replicate paint colours? If anyone has any tips.
I also find doing the floorplans by hand really challenging for neatness and to fit all the measures on the page.
The feedback is helpful and I really want to improve but this one knocked me back a bit.
Anyone done poorer than expected in this unit or did anyone get an A+ and they want to share how they approached the unit.
Onwards and upwards I guess.
Lesley
Purpledoordesgin

Re: Unit D very hard

Unread post by Purpledoordesgin »

Hi Lesley

I have just start unit D and I am also finding it challenging. I am struggling with understanding scale. So you are not alone on this. The good news is that we can improve and redo it.
Dhru

Unread post by Dhru »

Hi guys, I found a trick to make those precise drawings in unit D easier. Instead of plain white paper, I used 1/4" graph papers. As the graph papers came in the form a pad (I bought them from a Staples store that stayed open during COVID-19 lockdown), I didn't tape them on the table unlike the video instructions. The graph paper really helped me with precise 90 degree angles. The grids in the graph paper is in light green color. Once you are happy with your drawing and made the lines dark with art pen, you can do the following steps to get rid of the green grids of the graph paper:
1. Open the photograph/scan in Adobe photoshop
2. Select image -> adjustments -> hue/saturation
3. Select green from drop down (default is master)
4. Increase the lightness to 100% to make the green invisible
5. Optional: adjust brightness, contrast and gamma to make it cleaner
Hope this helps and good luck!
Dolce

Unread post by Dolce »

Im finding to understan scales a bit hard. Any tips are welcome!
:)
Dolce

Unread post by Dolce »

Hey Druh,

Thank you for the tip. Will check on the graph paper. Are you done with the program?
wendieH

Unread post by wendieH »

I am also finding this exceedingly hard ;(