Unit A - Assignment 5

Talk about your designs, ask questions about your assignments, and get advice from your peers.
Brigitta

Unit A - Assignment 5

Unread postby Brigitta » January 28th, 2020, 7:16 pm

Hi there,

Does anyone know which colour scheme I shall use for Scenario 2? They'd like to have dark red, grey and shades of blue, and a dramatic look, but nothing works out according to the Basic Color Scheme or the Advanced Color Scheme. Am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance,
B.
Beebeedecor

Re: Unit A - Assignment 5

Unread postby Beebeedecor » January 30th, 2020, 5:13 pm

Trying to work it out myself.
Sarah2020

Unread postby Sarah2020 » February 3rd, 2020, 10:11 pm

I tried to come up with a compromise, based on what the husband and wife liked. Primary color gray, secondary blue and red accents.
Heatherdb1

Unread postby Heatherdb1 » February 4th, 2020, 2:53 pm

Question regarding colour palettes for A5 Scenario 1....are we to pick 3 paint colours and use the 2nd and 3rd as samples for accent choices, like throws, cushions, furniture, etc?
A11

Unread postby A11 » February 5th, 2020, 10:51 pm

THE DARKER SHADES SHOULD BE IN YOUR ACCESSORIES SUCH AS RUGS ART WORK CUSHIONS. GOOD LUCK.
CHELSEAFRIGAULT

Unread postby CHELSEAFRIGAULT » February 11th, 2020, 12:37 pm

I'm also stuck on this- Red and blue in the correct tones and tints can be a lovely combination on their own but for the sake of the assignment we are supposed to stay within the basic and advanced palettes. It seems as though the 'correct' solution would be to add yellow to make it a triad scheme? It's difficult where it's the first chapter and you don't know how much 'push' your tutor might be looking for or if you should follow to a 'T'.
RKDeGraffe

Unread postby RKDeGraffe » May 19th, 2020, 7:40 am

Good morning, I am soooo stuck with this one; I'm hoping the rest will be a breeze...LOL I started playing a design game that actually has helped me a lot with color.... I'm a basic black and white kinda gal. And I love wood and plants. SO, learning to use color is a challenge and I'm really struggling with the unit A scenario 1 ;)
I have one color scheme that I love that I'm really trying to make it warm and cozy but the colors I've chosen aren't warm and cozy they are cool and relaxing and I keep going to them. So, today I'm gonna change it up in my mind and see if I can bring it home!!!
I read the above comments and hope you all have gotten past this one, learned what you needed to learn and are onto the next. As for me I'm giving myself until the end of the week. (I keep thinking a real client would not wait for me this long...).
wendieH

Unread postby wendieH » May 27th, 2020, 10:30 am

I am having a hard time with scenario #1 as well. She want warm, cozy and relaxing but no bright, bold, colors. Most warm shades i have found are NOT relaxing LOL I am a black, Purple kind of gal ;)
CarmenIris

Unread postby CarmenIris » May 28th, 2020, 3:31 pm

S1 I used, sage green, cream & black.
Donahue

Unread postby Donahue » September 16th, 2020, 10:04 am

Okay I might be making this hard but on Scenario #1, but, what does the secondary color apply to? Does it apply to the furniture, ceiling, trim...what exactly is the secondary color applying to in this assignment?

Return to “Interior Decorating”