Anyone taking "Professional Organizing" Course in 2021?

Get help with your assignments and share your favorite organizing techniques.
QYD

Anyone taking "Professional Organizing" Course in 2021?

Unread post by QYD »

I just started, anyone else in it at this time?
Pro15

Re: Anyone taking "Professional Organizing" Course in 2021?

Unread post by Pro15 »

Hi I am Sue and I started over a year ago and hope to be done by May.
I have been taking my time because I opened my own Organization and Home Relocation business.
I am on Unit B and am seriously considering Skipping it as it says we can do but will not get a grade.
I don't really need the floor plans and such for my business

I think I might reach out to a tutor and ask their advice on it as well.
If you have any question on Unit A, I was happy to see I got an A- on it.

Good luck!

I plan on doing Color Consultant next.
QYD

Unread post by QYD »

Hi Sue,

I just finished Unit A, hoping that I did well, I must say that Unit B is challenging. I just started reading "Understanding Floorplans" and I alrealy have a feeling the assignments will be a tough one. I've read that some do well. I think this unit can be useful so I'll try my best before considering skipping it. I suppose we can always come back to it if we would like to complete it later on right? I hope you get the answers you're looking for, if ever I get through them in the upcoming days, I'll let you know.. that is if you decide to stick with the unit.

Color Consultant sounds interesting! Hoping you will be at peace with your decision regarding Unit B!

Thanks for replying!

Yasmine
Pro15

Unread post by Pro15 »

Hi Yasmine,
Thanks for the reply. It is challenging because the measurements are much different than what I am used to using.
I don't like to give up and did reach out to my tutor well called the main line.
I have Angie Chapman and she is the teacher/tutor in the videos in Unit B soooo I feel blessed and hopeful to have her!
I will keep you posted when I hear from her and figure it out.
From my understanding, you can't go on to the next Unit until it has been graded/completed.

May I ask, did you watch the video first or read the book?
I watched the video and did try to follow the instructions but am thinking I may just try and look over the Study page

Let me know where you are at and if you are struggling with reading the measurements as well.

We are in this together, so to speak.

Sue
Pro15

Unread post by Pro15 »

Congrats on Unit A!!!!
kkavenelle

Unread post by kkavenelle »

QYD wrote: January 24th, 2021, 12:24 am I just started, anyone else in it at this time?
Hi! I have had the course for a while, but I am just now starting. I submitted my first assignment this morning.
-krysten :)
CLB

Unread post by CLB »

Same here
. I just submitted my b module.
FlyEmmy

Unread post by FlyEmmy »

I started not long ago and submitted Unit A. I am also taking the Color course as well. I like it so far.
QYD

Unread post by QYD »

I submitted Unit A couple of weeks ago! I'm attempting on unit B. To answer your question Sue, I started with the video's just because I had time to watch them and I'm trying to avoid screen time at night, it really affects my sleep. But I think it helped me understand the subject a bit more better. I just need to start doing the assignments! As for all the other ones, I hope you guys do well and thanks for replying!
Pro15

Unread post by Pro15 »

Hi QYD,
I did reach out to the school and had an immediate response regarding Unit B measurement etc...
Work got a bit crazy so I have yet to attempt it but its on my to do list this weekend.
I am glad the videos helped you, I did start to watch them but need that visual and hands on approach, I guess.
I guess that is why I reached out to the students and the school.
They did say I could skip it, but I am they type if told that I want to try and complete it!

I wish you luck and hope your sleep is better with less screen time. I know what you mean, I had to get special glasses for screen time usage.

Take care and Stay Safe

Sue
sarahwebb

Unread post by sarahwebb »

Yes, I just started it last week.
sarahwebb

Unread post by sarahwebb »

For anyone taking the organizing course that is considering skipping Unit B Floorplans because you don't think you will need it DON'T. I have been doing professional organizing for about 3 years and interior design prior to that and I use floorplans on 7 out of 10 projects I do. It is really helpful to have especially since you don't have to take the interior design course to learn it.
AT

Unread post by AT »

Hi,, I just started the course.. I am working on an IPad.. I don’t know how to download the assignments to work on them...plus I don’t have a na area in my house that is really that cluttered (Assignmemt A5).. can anyone help on how to download the assignments? Thank you and good luck to all
Pro15

Unread post by Pro15 »

To everyone taking the Pro Organizing course: I was struggling with Unit B and i did not give up and my dedication to learning paid off, I got a C+!!! I was thrilled because i have never done anything like this and I agree that i will be using floorplans in my work more than I thought. I kept all my notes and will be referring to them as needed.
If you are at all struggling, reach out to the school they will help and encourage you to do it!

I have almost completed the Pro Org course, I am on E....
Wish you all luck and hope to hear how everyone is doing
whit30

Unread post by whit30 »

QYD wrote: January 24th, 2021, 12:24 am I just started, anyone else in it at this time?
Hello! I started the course last month. I’m excited about this course. :)
whit30

Unread post by whit30 »

Pro15 wrote: June 6th, 2021, 8:02 pm To everyone taking the Pro Organizing course: I was struggling with Unit B and i did not give up and my dedication to learning paid off, I got a C+!!! I was thrilled because i have never done anything like this and I agree that i will be using floorplans in my work more than I thought. I kept all my notes and will be referring to them as needed.
If you are at all struggling, reach out to the school they will help and encourage you to do it!

I have almost completed the Pro Org course, I am on E....
Wish you all luck and hope to hear how everyone is doing
That’s great! So far, the course is going great. I’m currently working on Unit B. I’m on the portion of using the architect scale(self study assignment) The floor plan concept is great to learn and expand for professional organizing. :)
whit30

Unread post by whit30 »

sarahwebb wrote: February 25th, 2021, 7:58 pm For anyone taking the organizing course that is considering skipping Unit B Floorplans because you don't think you will need it DON'T. I have been doing professional organizing for about 3 years and interior design prior to that and I use floorplans on 7 out of 10 projects I do. It is really helpful to have especially since you don't have to take the interior design course to learn it.
Yes on Unit B. I find the understanding the floor plan concept interesting. I’m glad for Unit B. :) :D
whit30

Unread post by whit30 »

Pro15 wrote: January 31st, 2021, 3:52 pm Congrats on Unit A!!!!
I completed my Unit A as well. :D I enjoyed Unit A. I like the scenarios.
whit30

Unread post by whit30 »

Pro15 wrote: January 31st, 2021, 3:22 pm Hi I am Sue and I started over a year ago and hope to be done by May.
I have been taking my time because I opened my own Organization and Home Relocation business.
I am on Unit B and am seriously considering Skipping it as it says we can do but will not get a grade.

Good luck!

Hello Sue. My name is Whitney. That’s great about opening your own business. I enjoyed Unit A. Also, great about taking the Color Consultant. :D
KerryHer

Unread post by KerryHer »

Hi everyone! My name is KerryAnn and I signed up for the course yesterday!
lindsayf936

Unread post by lindsayf936 »

yes i am
Dczodli

Unread post by Dczodli »

Hi. Im Debbie. Yes I just started. I submitted lesson one yesterday and hope to move along quickly with the program
KerryHer

Unread post by KerryHer »

Hi, I'm KerryAnn. I started the course 3 weeks ago.
Angela26

Unread post by Angela26 »

I just started the course on 8/28/2021.
NatalieML

Unread post by NatalieML »

Hi everyone!
I just started as well, less than a month ago. I am enjoying it so far. I did choose to complete Unit B and I'm glad I did!
CarissaRenae

Unread post by CarissaRenae »

Hi Sue, how is your business going? Is it your full time job or are you doing it on the side while you work? Did you have experience in this field beforehand?

Pro15 wrote: January 31st, 2021, 3:22 pm Hi I am Sue and I started over a year ago and hope to be done by May.

Good luck!