question abut bagua map

Talk to fellow feng shui designers about your assignments and other projects that you're working on.
Kristie Snow
Designer

question abut bagua map

Unread postby Kristie Snow » June 26th, 2012, 1:08 pm

:o I'm hoping someone can help me answer a question that has me stumped. In looking at the first and simplest house layout in unit B, the rectangle, I'm finding that the measurements cannot be exactly divided into three exact sections, atleast not with my architect ruler. When I do the math, I end up with an infinate decimal number of feet. That means I will either have to guess at the extra foot, dividing it into three as closely as I can, or I can't figure out the formula to make it exact. Will a foot or less make a difference when I divide the home into nine guas?
JillHansen
Designer

Re: question abut bagua map

Unread postby JillHansen » July 8th, 2012, 1:45 pm

The Guas as I have learned don't have very strict seperations between them..
They flow from one to the next...
HeatherMF24
Designer

Unread postby HeatherMF24 » February 11th, 2013, 3:52 pm

Hi Kristie,

I am having the same troubles with the assignment as well.... I believe I separated the B1 Regular Floor Plan correct Horizontally (everything but the Dining Room, Bedroom/closet, Bedroom - on the bottom part of the floor plan), but vertically I just cant figure out how to properly separate it into the three sections. Have you figured it out yet?
Labradoodle
Designer

Unread postby Labradoodle » February 15th, 2013, 4:41 pm

Hi. I am also on Section B, now doing assignment B3. Remember if your extended areas are measured and are less than half of the full measurement than they are not included. Thus you are measuring it from the front door to the rooms in the back (do not include the dining room as this is also an extension). If you are using your 1/8 measurement the very first unit does separate it into 8ths which could help with the extra decimal points. I am not sure if what I am saying helps without actually showing you what I mean, but hopefully it does. The differences seem so little. You may want to ask one of the course advisors as I am wondering myself how significant a "little" bit can actually make to your reading.
HeatherMF24
Designer

Unread postby HeatherMF24 » February 17th, 2013, 10:57 pm

I am on Unit b Assignment B6 - Curing Missing Areas

I am confused because I thought I had the correct missing areas, but then when I looked at the handout, the second missing area states its outside the house and to the left. I see where they would get that, but if I do it that way, then I only see ONE missing area not TWO... Help!

Return to “Feng Shui Design”