How many hours should I dedicate each week?

Hear the latest from QC including job opportunities, course updates, continuing education opportunities, and more.
Aliviadesign

How many hours should I dedicate each week?

Unread postby Aliviadesign » January 9th, 2019, 3:54 pm

Hi
My name is Alivia. I live in Lexington KY. Im thrilled to be in this design school!

Was looking thru some of the course details and assignments...and wanted to see how much time I need to plan to get the assignments and reading done?

Should it be 1hr a day or less?

Eager to hear back.

Thanks!
CelloGirl99

Re: How many hours should I dedicate each week?

Unread postby CelloGirl99 » January 14th, 2019, 5:24 pm

Hi, welcome to school!
It really depends on the unit and on the project. If the assignment has floor plans involved, I would block out at least two hours to get it done from start to finish. Most assignments don't take that long. For my own, I would divide the amount of reading and assignments so that I could get one unit done per week, and it's worked out pretty well. I don't know which program you're in, but you'll definitely want to spend more time with the floorplan- heavy units... I spent two weeks with my first one.
An hour a day? I would say two in general, but again, it depends on the unit.
Hope this helps!
KayaKismet

Re: How many hours should I dedicate each week?

Unread postby KayaKismet » February 8th, 2019, 1:51 pm

For me, I'm doing 1-2 hours a day, or about 2 checklist items a day, 4-5 days a week. It's self-paced so it is really up to you. I am taking my time and doing a lot of self-study as well, as I would rather really understand something, than move forward, then wing it through the course to get it done quickly. At my pace, it will be about two to three weeks per unit. That said, I want to finish my first ASAP to make sure I find my feedback useful. If so, I think these courses are of great quality and value.

Return to “QC Design School General Discussion”