New Student

Get course updates from Winghill.
CarolynDeWulf

New Student

Unread post by CarolynDeWulf »

I am a new student and I am very excited to get started on this course.

I grew up home schooled, and most of what I write about are dreams that I've had that I can't seem to get out of my mind. So I turn them into short stories. I would never let anyone read them because I am to worried about how they will judge me on what I write.
I really wanted to take this course to help myself get over that irrational fear, and write what I want to write regardless of how others might think of me after they've read what I've written.

Can't wait to get to know everyone and grow and expand to become the writer I've always wanted to be.
LadyLynn427

Re: New Student

Unread post by LadyLynn427 »

I am also a new student and anxious to get to know others who are writers like me. Can't wait to get started.
cc

Unread post by cc »

Welcome to both of you. Which courses are you taking?
Shenley

Unread post by Shenley »

Good luck to both of you!
CarolynDeWulf

Unread post by CarolynDeWulf »

I am taking the Creative Writing course.
Tasha1054

Unread post by Tasha1054 »

Dear New Student: I wouldn't worry too much about what others think of your writing one way or the other. There will be many people who will love it and just as many who don't. But as long as you love it you can disregard most negative critiques.
Helicoptergirl0318

Unread post by Helicoptergirl0318 »

I love to write poetry and short stories as well! One thing I do to get over my fear of someone reading my material is to find someone that I think will understand what I have written and also the fact that I have poured true feelings into it.
Never fear the unknown, you just might capture the interest of someone important one day, someone that will take you to the places you want to be in your work and in your life. Our biggest fears are those unknown and those unpublished!
Be confident! you can do it!
Jane
cc

Unread post by cc »

Helicoptergirl0318 wrote: Never fear the unknown, you just might capture the interest of someone important one day, someone that will take you to the places you want to be in your work and in your life. Our biggest fears are those unknown and those unpublished!
Be confident! you can do it!
Jane
Excellent advice!
curtb

Unread post by curtb »

Hi everyone. I am just getting started here and am on assignment # 2. Mostly like to write short stories. I also fear other people reading my writing. I am looking to this course to be more committed to writing. Hope we can help each other out a bit. Good luck everyone.
cc

Unread post by cc »

curtb wrote:Hi everyone. I am just getting started here and am on assignment # 2. Mostly like to write short stories. I also fear other people reading my writing. I am looking to this course to be more committed to writing. Hope we can help each other out a bit. Good luck everyone.
Welcome and I hope you enjoy the course!