Assignment 1

Get course updates from Winghill.
Shelly79
Writer

Assignment 1

Unread postby Shelly79 » June 8th, 2014, 4:06 pm

Hello fellow students! Can anyone tell me how assignment 1 works? I kinda need help with it. Thank you! :D
curtb

Re: Assignment 1

Unread postby curtb » June 9th, 2014, 7:26 am

I had a little trouble getting going on Assignment # 1 as well. You really need to do a lot of research into magazines that you could possibly write for. There are several "writers market books" out there that helped me. Hope this helps a bit.
curtb

Re: Assignment 1

Unread postby curtb » June 9th, 2014, 10:45 am

in regards to assignment # 1. If you are still thinking about writing about the paranormal, might I suggest you forget about that for now. I am interested in writing fiction, mostly short stories and I found assignment #1 confusing in that respect. So I looked outside the box and came up with 2 articles to write about. One was a local bed and breakfast for a travel magazine, the other was a story of a local artist for a general interest magazine. Both outside of what I want to write about. From Assignment #2 on my tutor has me writing short stories and feeling more comfortable. I think Assignment 1 is more about doing some research and getting the lay of the land. Get through it and then trust that your tutor will get you going in the direction you want. Let me know how it goes. :)

Return to “Winghill Writing School”