First Assignment and lost

Get course updates from Winghill.
Denim

First Assignment and lost

Unread postby Denim » July 29th, 2014, 11:55 pm

Hello all.
So, I have read and re-read numerous things, but can't seem to get assignment 1 done.

I have always done well when I needed to research things, but I get so far then am lost when it comes to picking a topic or publication.

Does anyone have any new advice?

Thank you,
Denim
Creative Writing
Denim

Re: First Assignment and lost

Unread postby Denim » August 5th, 2014, 1:00 am

Anyone?
curtb

Unread postby curtb » August 6th, 2014, 1:28 pm

hi, I had trouble getting going with Assignment # 1 as well. Since I am interested in writing short stories instead of magazine articles it was hard. Finally I picked a general interest magazine and my story was a feature on a local artist. I didn't actually have to write the story. I think Assignment 1 is all about research and getting the lay of the land. Now, my tutor has me writing short stories. I think my best advice is to just get it done, I think you will find it easier once you move on. Hope that was a little help. Curt :)
Denim

Unread postby Denim » August 6th, 2014, 11:21 pm

Thank you Curt, I will try that this week. Denim
babySharren

Unread postby babySharren » October 10th, 2014, 6:55 pm

I am also having trouble being stuck on assignment 1. What I didn't realize is that most magazines online require you to buy past issues, which is pretty much the only way you can do the proper research, but being broke as hell for the longest time, I haven't been able to do it yet. I pretty much know what I want to write about, it's picking the right magazines that's got me stuck. How did you do, were you able to finish your assignment after all?
cc

Unread postby cc » October 10th, 2014, 8:28 pm

babySharren

Unread postby babySharren » February 23rd, 2015, 1:39 pm

Thank you for the suggestion, I've recently discovered that actually, but it seems that my library doesn't carry the magazines I'm interested in writing for, haha, so back to square one I guess. Although I was able to find out most of the imformation I needed for writing guidelines on the websites.

Return to “Winghill Writing School”