Write a book. Who me?

Get course updates from Winghill.
adoptingmom1

Write a book. Who me?

Unread postby adoptingmom1 » February 29th, 2016, 4:43 pm

Hello, my name is Beverly and I live in New Mexico. I am the very busy mother of five and the grandmother of two. I have been writing for as long as I can remember. I have been published three times since completing the creative writing course in February 2015, and I recently wrote a cookbook for my church which they published and sold as a part of a fundraiser.
Last year I had a very vivid dream that I just could not shake, so I started asking myself that all important "writers question" what if. Before I knew it I was sitting in front of my computer writing a novel. I was certain interest would wane and I would soon return to being a busy housewife. Now almost and year and 200 pages later I find myself with a novel that is badly written and desperate to know what to do next. Thus I just started the novel writing course hoping I might find out where to go from here. Good luck everyone.
zancha

Re: Write a book. Who me?

Unread postby zancha » March 5th, 2016, 5:06 pm

Hi Beverly, I'm Meg and I'm pretty new here as well. I'm from Alberta, Canada and currently experiencing the bittersweet feeling of being a mother. I was actually enrolled in this course since August of 2015 and it took me a few months to finally get off my butt and not waste the money spent on this endeavour. So here I am and hopefully I make the most of what this course has to offer me. Good luck to you as well.
Andcrone

Unread postby Andcrone » March 6th, 2016, 3:12 pm

Hi! My name is Andrew, and I'm also new here, and from Alberta, Canada! I just started this past December and really liking it so far! Although, I have taken a break just recently. I'm hoping to get the writing soon. Beverly, I hear you, I tend to find myself with a novel that's badly beaten from time to time. But, it just takes time and patience, you'll get it!

Good luck to you both and everyone here!
zancha

Unread postby zancha » March 7th, 2016, 4:37 pm

Small world, Andrew. You're probably enjoying the weather then. Snow's melting and all. Anyway, how amazing it is that you and Beverly have already written a book or novel. I haven't even begun. You can call me chicken but hopefully I get over it after this course is done.
Andcrone

Unread postby Andcrone » March 9th, 2016, 4:18 pm

Yep, small world! I am enjoying the weather for sure and I hope spring comes in fast! Though, we could use more snow or at least some rain. I haven't actually published any novels yet, just mostly short articles for the papers and magazine. Though, I have started a couple.
zancha

Unread postby zancha » March 15th, 2016, 8:06 pm

It snowed in my town today, and yes I'm desperately waiting for spring to come. Soon. How's the course so far? I've just finished my third assignment and it's been awesome.
Andcrone

Unread postby Andcrone » March 17th, 2016, 8:42 pm

It feels like spring is trying to settle in over here! Hardly any snow unless you take a walk in the river valley parks. I'm really enjoying the course! I'm just stuck on assignment 4 right now and will be getting back to it pretty soon. I'm also taking the script writing course.
writestuff

Unread postby writestuff » May 21st, 2016, 1:18 am

Hello from Chilliwack B.C.! (Vancouver) I have had the course packed away for a couple of years and it is FINALLY time to get it started! I have these 'little people' living in my head, disrupting thoughts and banging on my noggin wanting to come out and play! LOL I think it's about time I release them onto paper!!!
lighthouses.37

Unread postby lighthouses.37 » July 20th, 2016, 8:53 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Stacie and I have been trying to write a book and I have been to places and into situations that I can write about and know what character I'm going to use. aside from that, I live here in southern California and boy it's hot here right now. Well I wish I was in Canada right now because it sounds like its snowing up there. Well I just wanted to pop on by and say Hello to all of you. I have been writing for a couple of years but I would like to get published but It takes time and effort. Right now, I am writing a book and I did the first chapter and sent it in, now I am working on my second chapter. Well I hope you all keep writing and never give up on it.

Thank you
Stacie
Mrs.Fyfe

Unread postby Mrs.Fyfe » September 6th, 2016, 5:08 pm

Hello my name is Sonya . I have had the great opportunity to take the novel write course. I just started and I also live in Alberta Canada. I am looking forward in learning some new skills. Finishing one of my creations is a goal I hope to succeed on.
Iceberry

Unread postby Iceberry » January 4th, 2017, 11:36 pm

How did it go? I just started one of the writing courses. Hoping to find some direction for my writing.

Return to “Winghill Writing School”