What I love...

Get course updates from Winghill.
bgroussman1

What I love...

Unread postby bgroussman1 » July 25th, 2017, 1:18 am

Hello everyone! My name is Brittany, and I live in Atlanta, GA. I have been writing since I was in 4th grade. Besides fencing, there is nothing I would rather do than write. I stopped writing for a few years when I hit high school because I became so discouraged by everyone telling me that I couldn't make a living off of writing. I switched my thoughts and focus to psychology - which is what I'm in college for right now - but I always come back to writing. I was my first love.

In March of this year I suffered from a stroke resulting from a freak accident that almost took my life. While I was in the hospital, paralyzed on one side, I had a lot of time to think. Am I happy with my life? If I die tomorrow, what do I want to be able to say that I did and accomplished? Well, in the time I spent thinking, I realized that something important was missing - writing. I've always wanted to write books, even if I didn't become famous like Rick Riordan (my childhood hero) or J. K.Rowling (someone else who I really admire). I just want to share my stories with the world. Even if my books only reach one person, I'll be happy if I can change that person's life or even just put a smile on their face.

So, here I am! I'm with a wonderful community of writers with a great tutor who is willing to share her wisdom with me. I'm not starting back at school until spring semester, so I have a lot of time on my hands at the moment. What bettor way to pass time while healing than to write? Good luck to all my fellow writers out there, and I hope to becomes friends with many of you so we may help and encourage each other through our exciting journeys into the world of writing.

I hope see your names on book covers soon!

~Brittany Groussman

Return to “Winghill Writing School”