Writer

New Student

Unread postby loconnor » January 31st, 2013, 9:41 am

I am from Michigan:)
gwenythlove
Writer

Re: New Student

Unread postby gwenythlove » February 6th, 2013, 2:25 pm

Welcome! I am just starting and I am from Toronto, Ontario!
BettyDamil
Writer

Unread postby BettyDamil » February 15th, 2013, 7:08 pm

me too! I am just starting as well. ;) so far I am enjoying it. Every writing assignment I am given is a nice contemplative step. I am appreciating this course so far. How about you all? I am on unit 2. :)
Kir_Evans
Writer

Unread postby Kir_Evans » February 27th, 2013, 3:14 pm

Hi I am Kirsten E. Ponder . So glad to be a New Student. I just got married last friday, so I have not submitted my profile yet. I will submit it by the end of the week.. So glad to start this Journey of writing. :D
Izzy
Writer

Unread postby Izzy » March 6th, 2013, 12:14 am

Hi everyone! My name is Izzy and I just enrolled here at Winghill. I still haven't submitted my profile yet. I've had a few unexpected things come up, but I plan on hopefully working on my profile tomorrow (Wed, March 6). Hopefully I'll finish it as well and submit it. I'm excited to find out who will my be my tutor! And about beginning the course on Creative Writing! I look forward to meeting other students here. By the way, I'm from Illinois. I live in the NW suburbs of Chicago. And yes, we got 'hammered' with snow today! :D
DeeDee
Writer

Unread postby DeeDee » March 6th, 2013, 2:04 pm

Hi Izzy. I am new also and from Rhode Island. I was so excited at first but the waiting for feedback and to hear from my tutor for the first time is wearing on me. It has been 9 days since I sent in my first assignment. I was so pleased when they gave me my tutor's name. I checked on her through Amazon.com and I think I will like working with her. I went on to the 2nd Assignment and am thinking of going on to the third. Maybe I will make it through the whole course on my own! I wish you better luck with your tutor. It does seem like a well-organized course. Good luck!! :roll:
Izzy
Writer

Unread postby Izzy » March 12th, 2013, 2:45 am

Hi DeeDee, great to hear from you. Thank you for the welcome. You sound motivated to get through the course. That's great. I'm just about finished (finally) with my profile and plan on submitting it tomorrow (Tues). I look forward to hearing who will be my tutor. And I hope to develop a close relationship. That's great you found out your tutor may work at Amazon.com. I wish you all the best and hope things work out with your new tutor! Stay in touch. I'd love to keep in contact and be able to share our experiences here. Look forward to hearing from you again! :)
Izzy
Writer

Unread postby Izzy » March 12th, 2013, 2:52 am

DeeDee, I just added you as a friend! I didn't know you could do that, but I clicked on your name and was able to add you as a friend, so I did. Just thought I'd let you know in case you didn't know about that. I haven't been on here much, so I'm still learning my way around. I didn't realize there are 'other schools' here and I think I had posted something on some 'beauty school!,' lol. I then realized I had to scroll down to find Winghill. I thought the entire page was Winghill at first. :lol:
Izzy
Writer

Unread postby Izzy » March 12th, 2013, 4:46 am

Yippee! I just submitted my Personal Profile! So glad to have gotten that done with. And I ran into a problem submitting it. I had submitted it from the "Open Office" program and it wouldn't take. Luckily I did have Microsoft Word. So I pasted my writing onto MW, and submitted it. It took, no problem! I can't wait to hear about my tutor! :)
chanaadair
Writer

Unread postby chanaadair » March 23rd, 2013, 2:25 pm

Hello everyone, I'm from Pampa, Tx and am currently in the Romance Writing Course. Personal profile has been submitted and assigned my tutor. Is anyone else in the course and does anyone have Lee-Ann Graff-Vinson? Hopefully I'm not the only one in the course but if so oh well I'm still excited but scared on starting this new journey. My grandmother did this for me as she's always pushed me to write and I had an editor ask for my first book and second(children's series) after doing a query but I was too scared because it wasn't finished and yea. Hopefully this will help me out on what to and not do and help me become a better writer and get over my apprehensions.
Izzy
Writer

Unread postby Izzy » March 24th, 2013, 2:03 pm

Welcome! I'm in the creative writing course, and just got my tutor assigned. Romance writing sounds interesting though. I wish you all the best!
chanaadair
Writer

Unread postby chanaadair » March 27th, 2013, 8:10 am

Hi Izzy,

I thought about creative writing but my family signed me up for romance writing as I kept going between creative and romance. Guess they thought I wanted the romance writing so that's what they paid for. I guess if it doesn't work out exactly as planned I'll start creative writing afterwords. It's the thought that counts and the fact they are encouraging me and have been for years to finally do this. So we'll see how it goes and such :) still happy to even be enrolled in a writing course.
Izzy
Writer

Unread postby Izzy » March 27th, 2013, 3:52 pm

That's great you have a supporting family. Please stay in touch and let me know how things go. It's great to meet other students, especially those that have started around the same time as myself. :)
ReesesKryss
Writer

Unread postby ReesesKryss » April 9th, 2013, 4:01 pm

Hi, I am also new but I'm also nervous as well.. If this were like a real meeting group I would be more likely to stutter haha because I grew up as a social outcast and I still have a bit trouble talking. Anyway, My real name is Heather and I signed up for novel writing :P
[color=#FF4000][b]Reeses[/b][/color][i][color=#BF00BF]Kryss[/color][/i]
Bruce
Writer

Unread postby Bruce » April 18th, 2013, 10:15 pm

Hello to all. I am located in Ft. Lauderdale Florida. I'm excited to start on this journey. I've wanted formal training in writing for a long time.
jefferyd
Writer

Unread postby jefferyd » May 4th, 2013, 2:43 pm

Hi I'm a new student from outside of Toronto and I am looking forward to getting into this course. I am a father of five kids so getting time to work on the assignments is tough but I have finished a couple. My tutor asked me if I have picked an imprint yet? Not sure what that means? Anyone help me out there?

Return to “Winghill Writing School”