New to Winghill

Get course updates from Winghill.
Danielle5507
Writer

New to Winghill

Unread postby Danielle5507 » March 23rd, 2013, 12:57 pm

Hi all,

I'm a newbie here at Winghill and am enrolled in the Creative Writing section. I'm looking forward to the courses and getting to know fellow classmates. I'm a mommy of two high energy, girlie-girls - ages 3 and 5. They not only give me great ideas for stories, but keep me laughing everyday! Hope everyone's enjoying the writing process thus far and I can't wait to get my twitchy fingers onto the keyboard for some serious writing!

Take care,
Danielle
Izzy
Writer

Re: New to Winghill

Unread postby Izzy » March 24th, 2013, 2:09 pm

Welcome Danielle! I started just month ago so am in the same boat. I'm also taking the Creative Writing course! I've yet to begin my 1st assignment, but I did complete my personal profile and just got my tutor assigned. I've very excited about the background of my tutor! I think she'll be a great help in my journey here. All the best, Danielle! I'm adding you to my 'friends list.' Please feel free to add me also if you'd like. :)
Danielle5507
Writer

Unread postby Danielle5507 » March 24th, 2013, 4:07 pm

Hi Izzy! That's such a great name - my youngest daughter's name is Izzy as well, short for Izabelle. I did add you as a friend and it will be great to get to know you alongside the assignments. I live in Pittsburgh, PA now, but will be moving to the suburbs of Chicago in two weeks, so writing alongside the move should be interesting. I did write my personal profile so hopefully I'll get assigned a tutor here in the near future. How long did it take you to get assigned a tutor? Thanks for introducing yourself and take care!
Izzy
Writer

Unread postby Izzy » March 27th, 2013, 3:59 pm

Hi Danielle,

Actually Izzy is short for Israel. I have heard of it being used for Isabelle also though. Wow, moving to the Chicago area huh? I live in the NW suburbs of Chicago. I'm about 30 minutes outside the city. Glad to meet you too and hope to stay in contact with during our time at Winghill. As for the tutor, I got mine shortly after turning in my profile. Don't remember the exact amount of time. :)

Return to “Winghill Writing School”