I'm new here.

Get course updates from Winghill.
tildamouse

I'm new here.

Unread postby tildamouse » May 25th, 2013, 10:18 am

Hello. I am new to all of this. I am unsure how to do the whole forum discussion thing and computers are hard to navigate for me. I do most of my writing the old fashioned way: pen and paper. It has worked for me for years. I know paper cannot be 'lost' in a power failure. It can be used anywhere at any time without electricity to power it. The tech age is new an unfamiliar to me. I can use all the help and advice I can get.
So, to anyone out there who may be reading this, who is your favorite author and why?
I have many favorite authors so I will list my very first one: J. R. R. Tolkien. I was first introduced to him by my parents when I was very little. Each night somewhere in the fall or winter we would eat dinner, have baths, and gather in the living room to listen to the radio. It played both the B.B.C. version and The Minds Eye version of the book, ' The Hobbit' and also 'The Lord of the Rings' My brother and I would color while listening to the half hour long program before bed. I found it both scary and amazing and grew to LOVE it. The tradition has been to listen to it every winter as soon as snow flies. This is a tradition I am carrying on with my own children. This past winter, I added another favorite author to our tradition, C.S. Lewis. I found the cd's online and so now have a way to listen to 'The Hobbit' and 'The Lord of the Rings' and now 'The Chronicles of Narnia' every winter.

Return to “Winghill Writing School”