New Student..

Meet other students, discuss your assignments, and talk about the latest trends in makeup.
Chynabeauty85

New Student..

Unread postby Chynabeauty85 » August 23rd, 2013, 11:17 am

HI everybody My name is Charmela and i just joined QC like 3 days ago im at home right now waiting for fed ex to bring my package Kit as we speak. my question is i was told in UNIt A theirs not much practing with the Make up in this Unit however i did mention to a few of my friends that i was going Pro as a Make Up Artist so ive gotten quite a few Volunteers for me to do their make up & also my Best friend who going to Empire Beauty School to be come a License hair stylist just asked me to work with her client doing her make up and she does her hair. HER Client is an Aspiring Model which means she has to take pictures now i know they say in UNIT B i can start Practicing but i dont know what to do because i would like to start building up my porfolio and clients now but im stuck... any suggestions
Dori

Re: New Student..

Unread postby Dori » September 30th, 2013, 2:23 am

I guess the more you practice the better you'll get at it.

I would suggest to practice on family and friends before you start with an actual model that takes pictures in case the application is not the best the first time.

Also, I don't think it will take you a long time to get through Unit A, it's mostly common sense things like sit the client in a comfortable chair and have your kit readily available at an arms reach.

You could also skip unit A and go straight to B and practice and then read up on A, once you have the practical happening.

Just thinking out loud here....
Laurie0601

Unread postby Laurie0601 » October 7th, 2013, 11:04 pm

I'm a new student too and waiting for my FedEx box to arrive. This is something I've wanted to do for a long time. Can't wait to get started. Is there a way to see other web pages? Seems difficult to start one without having any training yet. Any suggestions?
Vanessa.Aksionov

Unread postby Vanessa.Aksionov » October 8th, 2013, 5:04 am

I'm new too! I can't wait to get my package and get started!!
Chynabeauty85

Unread postby Chynabeauty85 » October 16th, 2013, 7:41 am

catt317

Unread postby catt317 » October 16th, 2013, 10:06 pm

Evening everyone, I just enrolled today and eager to get started. Is there anyone else in the forum that is located in Indianapolis, IN?

Return to “Makeup Artistry”