Makeup in Brisbane QLD

Meet other students, discuss your assignments, and talk about the latest trends in makeup.
SpammyJo94

Makeup in Brisbane QLD

Unread postby SpammyJo94 » January 14th, 2014, 8:06 pm

Hello guys, Im about to start stocking up my kit but I'm wondering if you guys know of any good places in Brisbane Queensland, Aus that sell really good makeup products.

Thanks in advance.
Nadiya

Re: Makeup in Brisbane QLD

Unread postby Nadiya » July 10th, 2014, 10:57 pm

Hi there , I find online the best way to go.
I am also residing in Brisbane.
What I have noticed is that for the kit you need a lot of make up to accommodate different skin tones and skin types, including weather conditions.
Pallets are a good investment like the one we got with the course.
If you go to ebay sometimes you can find good quality lipsticks sold in bulk of 12 for100 bucks instead of paying 20- 30 bucks for one good lipstick. Just a comparison of the retail stores and what they have to offer. after taking on my tutors advice cheap and cheerful doesn't hurt. Yes I have been to the local woollies and bought my BB primer and my eyebrow enhancing kit only spending $8 dollars here and there. Every dollar counts and to justify my cheap and cheerful actions I must admit to it being all about the application and technique. When I gain more skills and start making a profit then I would consider purchasing more pricey items. so if you go to target and find a cheaper liner I recommend to grab it for your kit as you can really only use it once. The same goes with mascaras and lip liners. If you want to invest in good foundations of 5 solid colours then target is actually a good resource - you can get Maybelline and all of that there. I use Artistry which is pricey and good quality. I am still waiting for Sephora to open up here. If it has already let me know. Not really on the ball. So for bridal work perhaps more prestigious products? and mainstream cosmetics for your normal events such as parties - standard makeup artist products. I also noticed the MAN network listed on the resources for this site was a good site to look at getting some stuff. I wish I could get an airbrushing kit. Lol not sure how this all works yet. Anyway hope this helps. Let me know if you find any.
alison2

Re: Makeup in Brisbane QLD

Unread postby alison2 » July 21st, 2014, 1:02 am

Hi
Look up lime lily cosmetics, or the makeup foundation, they are based in qld. I bought a few products from them at great prices, they provide makeup to tafe etc so surely they must be good :)

Return to “Makeup Artistry”