Help needed for B1

Meet other students, discuss your assignments, and talk about the latest trends in makeup.
leanne2701

Help needed for B1

Unread postby leanne2701 » July 7th, 2014, 4:26 pm

Hello

I started this course 5 days ago and have submitted my first unit, however I am a little unsure of Unit B1. it says not to list what is in the lesson text as this is not what the tutor is looking for. Just as a reminder to those that may have completed the assignment a whole ago it is asking you to fill out a chart that tracks the steps you take to prepare your skin for make up. the issue with this is that I currently do not have any steps that I use as I do not wear make up every day as I have a 2 year old and work full time and my job is really not a job to get all made up for. does anyone have any suggestions or can anyone that is on this unit or completed this unit please help me.
many thanks
xx
klieb2008

Re: Help needed for B1

Unread postby klieb2008 » July 8th, 2014, 11:08 pm

I completed this lesson a little while ago and while I did already have somewhat of a routine for myself I wasn't using every product that the lesson outlined in the book, such as a toner. After learning about the importance of that step I did eventually go out an purchase one. My best suggestion is to write down the type of products listed in the text in order that you would apply them as if you already have a solid routine (like washing your face with a cleanser, toner, moisturizer, primer, etc) then research those types of products online. Find ones that will work with your skin type and put them in the chart so maybe later on down the road you can develop a routine fit for you. I would definitely let your instructor know that you currently don't have a routine because that is the purpose of the assignment, for him or her to assess what you are already doing. It's important for them to know that you don't have a routine yet and they will probably give you tips you on how to establish one. I'm sure you are not the only student that has had this issue, but by filling out the chart (and making it known that this is for the future) you are still letting the instructor know that you have the knowledge of what to use and why you should use it, so you can advise your future clients to do so if necessary. I know getting ready can be hectic sometimes, even without a little one running around...but having any type of routine is important, even if it isn't a lengthy, full blown routine with every type of product there is. And once you get into the habit doing it, it won't take long at all. Start out small like keeping a facial cleanser in your shower so you can wash your face while you're in there to cut back on time then gradually add products as you see fit. I really hope this helped in some way, and remember you can always email the school with questions. Good luck!

-Kristin
leanne2701

Re: Help needed for B1

Unread postby leanne2701 » July 9th, 2014, 8:58 am

thank you so much for your help I found your comments very useful. I think as you say the best thing to do is to write down what I already use even though it is not a lot and then to research suitable products to use. I understand the products suitable for my skin and know the importance of using these on a regular basis, however I just don't. but this has definitely made me think again and I can begin to establish more of a routine and can perhaps mention this in the comments part, so I am showing knowledge but also not lying about having a routine.

many thanks again, its much appreciated.
Leanne

Return to “Makeup Artistry”