Foundation Selections for Makeup Kit

Meet other students, discuss your assignments, and talk about the latest trends in makeup.
sabletin

Foundation Selections for Makeup Kit

Unread postby sabletin » July 17th, 2014, 6:15 pm

Just wondering if anyone has suggestions on buying foundations for your kit that won't cost an arm and a leg. I have some Revlon Colorstay 24hr which works well - I have picked up 3 different shades. I would like to purchase Makeup Forever HD foundation for clients who are having pictures done but it is costly and how many shades should you have in your kit? I guess you can blend different colours to achieve different shades. Any input would be appreciated. You could spend so much just buying so many different variations.
beYOUtifulMelissaMUA

Re: Foundation Selections for Makeup Kit

Unread postby beYOUtifulMelissaMUA » August 1st, 2014, 12:25 am

Personally, I like ELF and NYX. They have great foundations that won't break the bank. A make-up artist friend told me (when choosing foundations) to pick the lightest and darkest shades and choose 4 shades in between.
alison2

Unread postby alison2 » August 12th, 2014, 7:58 am

Ive just bought some cinema secrets foundation pallettes, so much cheaper than buying all the individual colours
makeupbycara

Unread postby makeupbycara » September 8th, 2014, 8:38 pm

I have bought the Graftobian HD Pro Palette.
You get three palettes heaps and heaps of selections for - warm, cool or neutral skin. You get a corrector palette, and a lip palette. It is $370 (but if you think about getting a lot of individual shades from the revlon range etc, you will be paying this anyway.)

Return to “Makeup Artistry”