Must you always use Primer? Or can you just use foundation

Meet other students, discuss your assignments, and talk about the latest trends in makeup.
marchet13

Must you always use Primer? Or can you just use foundation

Unread postby marchet13 » September 29th, 2014, 1:35 pm

Hello, I started the course and I'm a little confused. Must you always use primer? or can you just you the foundation. I know eye primer helps a lot, but just curious about the latter. Thanks
younique

Re: Must you always use Primer? Or can you just use foundati

Unread postby younique » January 24th, 2015, 12:57 pm

hi :) i always find a primer helps keep the makeup on all day.. my fave is the primer from younique x
keziat

Unread postby keziat » January 25th, 2015, 10:45 pm

I think primer is optional. But a must with a client. Plus, it can act as a base color when you get ready to apply your eyeshadow colors. :)
BrendaRose

Unread postby BrendaRose » January 27th, 2015, 8:55 pm

Since I first discovered primer, I always prefer to use one even on myself for daily makeup. The skin feels smoother and the foundation sits better and lasts longer. The primer seems to prepare the skin for optimal outcome from foundations, powders, blushes and eyeshadows. For clients, it is a must!
Angel98

Unread postby Angel98 » February 4th, 2015, 7:57 pm

Primer isn't a must, but I would always use as a base on a client. Embryolisse is the holy grail of moisturizers. It is a moisturizer, primer and makeup remover. Highly recommended by professionals as a go to product. I use it both as a base and as a moisturizer alone. A little goes a long way. Amazing stuff.
jupitermoon

Unread postby jupitermoon » March 16th, 2015, 3:16 pm

Can Witch Hazel be used a Primer alone and is it something we can use on our clients in that way, I know its used at the Barber shop I go to after getting a edge up .
Chopra74

Unread postby Chopra74 » April 16th, 2015, 3:44 pm

The traditional way to use concealer is to apply before foundation, however, applying foundation on first than concealer let's you cover those uneven tone areas, and give you a gorgeous flawless look.
Sweetheartfunmi

Unread postby Sweetheartfunmi » June 20th, 2015, 3:33 am

Primer helps the makeup stay on longer.
riridash

Unread postby riridash » June 24th, 2015, 3:25 pm

Depends on how amazing your skin is! Primer is helpful either ways depending on which primer you use, some primers such as Smashbox collection ones actually have primers that can help with dark spots, acne, brightening etc. so it may be worth while. Primer obviously just softens the skins, hide pores and gives an easier surface for make up to be applied but if you moisturize your skin and take good care of it, sometimes it's not even needed! It depends completely on you!

Return to “Makeup Artistry”