Buying Makeup

Meet other students, discuss your assignments, and talk about the latest trends in makeup.
Orage.Beauty

Buying Makeup

Unread postby Orage.Beauty » March 17th, 2016, 2:01 pm

Hey fellow makeup artists in training.
I am at a loss as to where to purchase makeup. Obviously I know of sephora and MAC but they don't offer large palettes. I've found a website called Wish that offers great stuff but it's hard trusting such a general website that sells from all over the world it seems and a variety of other things.
So! I was just wondering if you all could help with maybe one specific website geared towards makeup other than the ones I had mentioned. I am just trying to make a good size makeup kit to get myself going.

Thanks!

:D
TabithaHempstock

Re: Buying Makeup

Unread postby TabithaHempstock » March 17th, 2016, 11:38 pm

Bh Cosmetics has palettes and there is website Called www.ftbbeauty.Ca that has palettes there to. That is what I have found so far and ya I was thinking of wish too. I want as many palettes as possible but don't want to pay a arm and a leg to start.
JBryan88

Unread postby JBryan88 » March 22nd, 2016, 12:08 am

I love BH cosmetics, there prices are awesome and they have good quality stuff :)
YouniquebySummer

Unread postby YouniquebySummer » March 23rd, 2016, 9:52 am

Hey Ladies, i am doing this course along side being a Younique presenter and am earning free and half priced products through selling, ive found its a great way to get a good base line of Makeup. xx
Holly2

Unread postby Holly2 » April 4th, 2016, 7:17 pm

I have purchased a lot of things from Wish, including makeup and I am usually quite happy with my purchase. Only thing to watch for is on clothes or shoes, it's based in China so the sizing isn't quite what it would be in America. :)
KimberlyRose

Unread postby KimberlyRose » April 7th, 2016, 4:32 am

Morphebrushes.com have amazing palettes for a great price too. I've got 6 of their eyeshadow palettes as well as a brow palette and blush palette and they are all fantastic :)
jolex87

Unread postby jolex87 » April 12th, 2016, 4:15 pm

BH Cosmetic is awesome, it has a variety of palettes in a great price! :D
MrsDavid16

Unread postby MrsDavid16 » May 31st, 2017, 11:58 pm

morphe.com....going to expo's in your area if they are in your hometown...bh cosmetics.....
glassslipper

Unread postby glassslipper » June 1st, 2017, 1:52 am

Hi
I find that Amazon is a great place to buy makeup. Most recently I bought makeup there that is equivalent to Urban Decay's Naked line. Which I originally bought at Ulta but when I seen I could practically get the same thing on Amazon I went for it. Of course I read the reviews first. The good thing about Amazon is that if your a Prime member you get your stuff super quick. Usually in 2 days. Most of the time for me at least S/H is free and returns are free as well most of the time. The customer service is great as well. I just think that they have a lot of makeup items and accessories you wouldn't find anywhere else. It's worth a shot because they are pretty reputable company. In any case it's just fun exploring and looking at everything that's out there.
shelle8

Unread postby shelle8 » June 29th, 2017, 7:05 am

Hi everyone we have a student and graduates group on FACEBOOK there are over 200 of us and QC STAFF are a member of the group.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1401209383233103/

Hope to see you there :)

Return to “Makeup Artistry”