unit B practice makeup application

Meet other students, discuss your assignments, and talk about the latest trends in makeup.
Heidimelbs

unit B practice makeup application

Unread postby Heidimelbs » May 13th, 2016, 8:59 pm

Hey guys

Hope you can help now with this I do have afriend of mine that I can do it on but she only uses a light coverage I did the application with no conceaor as she doesn't use it and I can still see all of the freckles on her face also puffy eyes she didn't want natural at all she wanted dark jade with a black in the outter corners I did this but I used the dark jade in the eyeshadow kit but I find that it is not very pigmented to use and it always falls off the eyes even after I have not taken to much. her foundation is a light ivory it matched up just fine

So is it best to do full coverage as I don't want to risk having to re do it again.
O.A.T

Re: unit B practice makeup application

Unread postby O.A.T » May 14th, 2016, 6:57 pm

Hi,

Did you tried to prime her upper eyes lid?, primer usually do not show so it could be considered as a light coverage for the eyes and also help to settle the eye shadows and pop up its color.
Unico

Unread postby Unico » May 31st, 2016, 12:08 pm

Definitely try a primer i think a really good one that works for me is Stay dont Stray by benefit or a hack that i like to do is use a concealer ( i use Maybeline eye eraser or body shop crayon) and then set that with a translucent and then do the shadow.
Nocturnus

Unread postby Nocturnus » July 6th, 2016, 2:16 pm

I've read that if you have trouble finding a model or if your model doesn't have the right foundation, you CAN use yourself as a model. The school even said its fine to use yourself for the assignments.

Return to “Makeup Artistry”