unit b your kit

Meet other students, discuss your assignments, and talk about the latest trends in makeup.
Frances88

unit b your kit

Unread post by Frances88 »

can any one help what colour foundation and brand have you got for your kit to do this unit b , as I'm unsure what to get . thanks x
amandamiller83

Re: unit b your kit

Unread post by amandamiller83 »

Hi Frances,

Not sure if your question was answered. It would depend on the model your using and their skin tone, or use the palettes you got in your starter pack. I personally will be using Younique Touch Liquid Foundation on my model.

Hope this helps.

Amanda xx
hmarie

Unread post by hmarie »

I went to Ulta beauty and stocked up on a bunch of drug store brands for foundation, lip pencils, brow powder, primers, face wipes, brush cleaner, and eyeliners. I felt like it looked more professional to have the product rather than asking my clients to use their makeup. For the foundation I found some palette by makeup revolution in light and dark. I mix colors on my hand as need and they work really well. For the lip color I stuck with a couple nude colors, brow powders I went with NYX powder and got the colors blonde, dark brown, black, and auburn. Those have worked pretty well for me so far. Primer I went with just one and got the NYX photo perfect primer. Face wipes I got formula 7 because their hypoallergenic just incase I do get a sensitive client. Eyeliners I went again with NYX gel liner in black and brown. I figured I might as well start building my kit now since what the school sent didn't have everything I needed. I skipped out on powder though. I felt like the foundation that I was using was good enough. Oh and I got the Maybelline setting spray. These products have worked really well so far that this might be a regular thing in my kit. I hope this semi helps you.
cynsational218

Unread post by cynsational218 »

thanks for sharing. I will have to try out some of those items. I also use BH cosmetics. How do clients like the drug store products? do they even notice a difference?
:D cynsational218 :D
hmarie

Unread post by hmarie »

cynsational218 wrote:thanks for sharing. I will have to try out some of those items. I also use BH cosmetics. How do clients like the drug store products? do they even notice a difference?
So far I haven't had any complaints about the foundations. When I am using my models I start off asking them whether or not they want to use their own foundation. Most of them don't have a preference so I just tell them Ill use theirs and see how well it really works for them. Most of my models don't really pay attention to what foundations their using and some have been using a foundation made for dry skin when they themselves are oily. I really like the Maybelline velvet collection and when I do use the appropriate foundation on them they fall in love and I usually end up helping them shop for makeup.