New member and excited!!!

Meet other students, discuss your assignments, and talk about the latest trends in makeup.
LondonRose

New member and excited!!!

Unread postby LondonRose » December 29th, 2016, 11:09 am

Hey all!

I literally JUST joined the QC family, and I'm super excited to start my journey as a makeup artist! How have things been going so far in your journey? Does anyone have any tips I can use? Eager to make some new friends also. :D
taneica

Re: New member and excited!!!

Unread postby taneica » January 1st, 2017, 4:22 pm

Hi, I'm new too, just submitted Unit A and really excited to start the next unit. I started this new chapter in my life because I am a stay at home mom and I just love love makeup so much and I often get asked am I a makeup artist. Although I need to learn a lot more, people give me compliments and I feel so good. I am older than most and starting this chapter in my life a little late but oh well, still as excited as everyone. Good luck to you.
ajsmutha

Unread postby ajsmutha » January 3rd, 2017, 7:14 am

Hi, I'm new to QC as well and I'm also a bit older than most. Wishing everyone luck!!! :)
LondonRose

Unread postby LondonRose » January 3rd, 2017, 1:34 pm

Hey guys!

I highly doubt age is a factor regarding makeup. Most folks discover their love for the artistry early on, I however realized I was infatuated in my early 30s. As long as you have the passion, drive, and build a talent for it, your journey can reach no limits!

I'm waiting on my hard copy books in the mail to finish up unit A. I know it can be done without the mailed supplies (unit A), I'm just a little weird that way...I learn better seeing and feeling things. Lol. I need to underline, scribble and doodle and highlight in ALL my books. I have completed assignments 1 & 2 in unit A.

Good luck to you beautiful souls!
Tserkezie

Unread postby Tserkezie » January 3rd, 2017, 5:21 pm

I am also a new member, currently just making my way through Unit A and any tips would be greatly appreciated! :D
ames2906

Unread postby ames2906 » January 21st, 2017, 7:14 pm

MyPixieLashes

Unread postby MyPixieLashes » March 26th, 2017, 8:20 am

Hi everyone!! I am glad to know I am not the only 'older' person here. I discovered my love of makeup and using it to help build women's confidence at the ripe old age of 38 and quite by accident. I started selling cosmetics and found out how much I really loved it. From there started learning more about how to properly apply it, and then realized I wanted to become a MUA.

I also wanted to let you know that there is a facebook group to support QC students and graduates. The QC staff has joined and it is approved through QC as well. If you would like to join here is the link. It is another great way to connect and show off your work.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1401209383233103/

Return to “Makeup Artistry”