Needing Suggestions!!! :)

Meet other students, discuss your assignments, and talk about the latest trends in makeup.
MelissaKay

Needing Suggestions!!! :)

Unread postby MelissaKay » January 3rd, 2017, 8:39 pm

I'm new to makeup artistry and looking for suggestions on what brands of makeup or the best to use! Concealers, Foundations, primers, you name it I need it :D Anything helps! Thank you in advance! <3
LondonRose

Re: Needing Suggestions!!! :)

Unread postby LondonRose » January 8th, 2017, 11:58 pm

Hey MelissaKay!

Makeup can be sooooooooo overwhelming sometimes because there's just so much of it available, how can you find the best products to use? I've been wearing makeup since high school, and if there's one thing that I learned over the years...you have to play around with ALOT of makeup to find what will suit you perfectly. You will have to get to know your skin, figure out your tones, under tones, what makes you break out? keeps your skin clear? Knowing your skin will help you chose the right products. For example, if you have oily skin, you wouldn't want a foundation catered for individuals with Normal to dry skin. You would choose a foundation designed specifically for oily skin, as it will would help to mattify your face and keep your oils at bay. But, to answer your question, lol...

Concealers - LA girl Pro, MAC Pro longer, Makeup Forever
Foundations - Revlon 24 color stay, Loreal Infallible, Makeup forever, RCMA VK Palettes, MAC
Primers - (In creamy form) Makeup Forever Step 1, LA Girl Pro, Maybelline (In spray bottle form) MAC Fix plus, NYX setting sprays, LA Girl Pro, Urban Decay
Eyeshadows - Makeup geek, MAC, Urban Decay (Naked 1, 3, Smoky & Moondust), Morphe, Tarte, Too Faced, BH Cosmetics
Lipsticks - Milani, MAC, Loreal, Maybelline, Tarte, Anastasia Beverly Hills, Bobbi Brown
Blushes - Coastal Scents, MAC, Milani, NYX, Wet n Wild
Highlighters - Becca Skin perfectos, Anastasia Beverly Hills
Contour - Anastasia Beverly Hills, BH Cosmetics
Brows - Rimmel London 'Brow this way', Anastasia Beverly Hills
Setting powders - Sacha Buttercup, RCMA 'No Color' powder, Airspun, Ben Nye Banana powder
Mascara - Maybelline, Urban Decay, Too faced, Tarte
Gel Eyeliners - Maybelline, Inglot
TammyD

Re: Needing Suggestions!!! :)

Unread postby TammyD » February 9th, 2017, 12:07 pm

I have used a little bit of everything but now I use mostly Limelight By Alcone, the foundation is made my RCMA and is the best. You should look them up, that is how I got here. I am a beauty guide for Limelight and decided to add the service of makeup artist to my clients.

Return to “Makeup Artistry”