Practical Stress

Meet other students, discuss your assignments, and talk about the latest trends in makeup.
Shannie81

Practical Stress

Unread postby Shannie81 » October 21st, 2017, 9:20 pm

Hi fellow students,

Don't know if anyone else is in the same boat but I feel this might be a good area to express this.
I signed up as a new student last year and submitted Unit A pretty much straight away being all excited, however come unit B and it has taken me almost a year to submit it, as I haven't had the people to practice on, working full time and raising a family.
But honestly I have never really been into Makeup growing up so I have been stressing when it has come to all the practical components of the units. I know practice make perfect however I wonder if this is taking into consideration when marking our units. I'm sure students out there have awesome practical assignments as they have always worn or worked with it where I have never had the time or experience. I guess time will tell how I go.

Well I have submitted Unit B and have C ready and waiting to submit once I get my grade back.
Good luck to all fellow students and thanks for letting me get this off my chest x
Kirsty89

Re: Practical Stress

Unread postby Kirsty89 » October 27th, 2017, 6:01 am

Hiya!

Don't worry you are not alone in this! I am exactly the same! I have next to no one to practice on and haven't always been a massive makeup person growing up but love it now.

How did you get on with your assignment B? Did you do it on yourself or did you find a model?

Good luck for your assignments! xx
ValerieAB

Unread postby ValerieAB » October 31st, 2017, 7:07 am

Hey, I agree, you are definitely not the only one that feels this way. I never wore makeup growing up, and decided to take this course after only a bit of thinking. I have just started unit b and am wondering if I am getting in over my head, and wondering if I can actually do this. I have almost no one to practice on, and don't really want to use myself, as I wear glasses, so will be blind trying to apply 'perfect' makeup. My husband has told me that I can apply however much makeup I want/need onto him for practice, but he has a beard, so I would want someone with a full useable face..
So it is a bit stressful, but I am trying to just take it step by step, and not buy a full professional kit just yet, so that I don't get too stressed or overwhelmed.
Good luck!!!
Shannie81

Unread postby Shannie81 » November 24th, 2017, 3:06 am

Thanks Ladies it's nice to feel that others are in the same boat.
I have been using my eldest daughter a lot as my model which she loves haha. Plus I took advantage of using my mum and sister last year as models for some assessments.
Well I'm about to submit Unit C this weekend than only Unit D to go and its done

Return to “Makeup Artistry”