Show off your stuff!

Meet other students, discuss your assignments, and talk about the latest trends in makeup.
Joanne Behne

Show off your stuff!

Unread postby Joanne Behne » May 24th, 2011, 1:01 pm

Do you have a makeup look in your portfolio that you are really proud of?

Why not take this opportunity to Show off Your Stuff on the new QC Makeup Academy sharing tab!

Upload your photos below, share comments on other makeup artists' photos, and read what others have to say about your work.

Happy Sharing!
MICAELA
Makeup Artist

Re: Show off your stuff!

Unread postby MICAELA » June 27th, 2011, 1:02 pm

HI EVEYONE IM VERY HAPPY AND EXCITED ABOUT THE ONLINE COURSE I CAN WAIT TO GET MY CERTIFICATION SO FAR I LOVE IT,THE ONLY THING IS THAT I WISH THAT THE ASSIGMENTS WERE GRADED QUICKER!!! IS THERE ANYONE ELSE IN THIS FORUM THAT WILL LIKE TO SHARE A LITTLE ABOUT THERE EXPIRIENCE WITH THE MAKEUP ARTISTRY COURSE :?:
Love Alisha
Makeup Artist

Unread postby Love Alisha » July 29th, 2011, 10:49 am

I am also super excited to finally be embarking on my dream career! I am looking forward to the ups and downs and hopefully there will be a lot more UPs than downs. Lol! I am kinda in the midst of searching to for the area of makeup artistry that I plan on focusing the most in. Have any of you decided on what type of artistry will be your expertise? I really enjoy Glamorous Editorial looks.
MICAELA
Makeup Artist

Unread postby MICAELA » July 29th, 2011, 11:26 am

marijoblasco
Makeup Artist

Unread postby marijoblasco » August 20th, 2011, 9:15 am

hi! I'm new! :)
Kasia
Makeup Artist

Unread postby Kasia » August 22nd, 2011, 5:31 am

marijoblasco
Makeup Artist

Unread postby marijoblasco » August 22nd, 2011, 9:46 am

british.beauty
Makeup Artist

Unread postby british.beauty » August 22nd, 2011, 2:20 pm

Oh thats really interesting because im british and will be doing my work as a makeup artist once i have qualified in england. I will be moving back to England in a year and a bit. So its easy to go on one of the one day courses? And they are happy that you are qualified from QC and aslong as you have done the one day you can be insured?

Thats great if thats all you need to do! I have been fretting that i would need to do another course at a college at home. I love the materials here with QC so was going to do it for the knowledge anyways but thats fantastic if all you need to do is a one day course when you are qualified. Where did you find this out?
marijoblasco
Makeup Artist

Unread postby marijoblasco » August 22nd, 2011, 3:17 pm

http://www.beautyguild.com/trainingdire ... e=1&type=1

Hi! Gemma, right?
The Beauty Guild, I pasted a link ^^ up there :)
There you will find aaaaallll the info about insurance!

They do not accept QC Certificates because it is an Online school, that I explained in the previous post.
QC will have nothing to do with the training you will need to do to get that insurance, there are day trainings that are for
beginners, intermediate, advanced students, it doesn't matter, that depends on what you find in your area.

What you would need to do is take one of those day courses that normally cost 100£ - more per day and you do supervised training, one that I found,but is a school here in Scotland, is 1 day, 150£, and you get a "practitioner's diploma, this diploma is what you will need to hand in to the insurance company for them to insure you.

I'm interested in what they teach in this course, I think the certificate they give you here is cool to file in your portfolio, and great to show off to your clients, and even maybe great if you apply for stores, or makeup counters in shopping malls, but if you are going to go mobile you need to be insured, so that if you have a client that for example, got a severe rash after one of your applications, and they want to sue, the company pays for everything, you do not need a license in the UK but you do need to be insured to protect your clients, they also cover for loss, i.e: your stuff gets stolen or something.

:) hope this helps

here is an example of the courses I am talking about,

http://scottishtherapyacademy.co.uk/

so to conclude, insurance companies in the UK don't insure online courses.
Solution: a 1 day course, this is mainly because of the Health and safety!
british.beauty
Makeup Artist

Unread postby british.beauty » August 23rd, 2011, 11:39 am

Thanks so much for your reply! Yep its Jemma, nice to meet you!

Its so hard to search UK sites over here and get the correct answer, and the timezone pretty much rules out being able to ring places and ask, so your info really helped. I was worrying i would have to take another course back home that would mean another couple of grand and a couple years. Thank goodness a one day course is all thats needed.

I agree the certification from QC would look good in a portfolio. The link you sent me with the one day course you would take sounds really good. And would be great to take after QC as you would just breeze through already knowing everything. I always hated the idea of one day courses for your whole knowledge coz i could never understand how you could learn everything you needed in just one day. But for people like us who are already doing a long intensive course it seems great for insurance purposes. Again thank you so much for the info. I will be looking out for a one day course when i get back home.

Do you have a FB or anything?
PrincessBeauty78
Makeup Artist

Unread postby PrincessBeauty78 » August 25th, 2011, 10:58 pm

marijoblasco
Makeup Artist

Unread postby marijoblasco » September 1st, 2011, 9:06 am

hey, anyone know how to create a topic on our MMA forum????????????????????????????
Roxie
Makeup Artist

Unread postby Roxie » September 2nd, 2011, 1:28 pm

Hey every one I'm new

I'm so excited to get started on this course. This has been my dream job for a very long time. Just wondering if anyone had any tips on getting yourself out there while in training?
Also reading these posts is very interesting. I'm starting my course in England but will be finishing in America Spokane Washington so I'm wondering if America accepts this certificate or if i also have to do a days training?
marijoblasco
Makeup Artist

Unread postby marijoblasco » September 3rd, 2011, 5:42 pm

Roxie
Makeup Artist

Unread postby Roxie » September 5th, 2011, 3:15 pm

Thanks

At the moment I'm in Suffolk, a small town called Mildenhall. Then on monday the 12th of this month I fly back to Spokane WA.
I only came back for a while to see the family and found this online course.
Where about's are you?
I'll get reading as I haven't yet started.
How far are you know into this course?

Thanks again on the heads up
Roxie
ValerieByerly
Makeup Artist

Unread postby ValerieByerly » November 3rd, 2011, 7:49 pm

I just turned in Unit 1. I am super excited to start my 2nd Unit. I have started my facial/makeup portfolio. I can not wait until I receive my certification! You can find me on facebook, valeriebyerly@gmail.com :D
jennylynn
Makeup Artist

Unread postby jennylynn » November 5th, 2011, 10:48 pm

I just started Unit B. I am excited too. I am think this unit might take me a while. The color wheel confuses me a bit.
Moon Child
Makeup Artist

Unread postby Moon Child » April 14th, 2012, 8:13 pm

Hello ladies, I am new and was reading the post and saw someone mention insurance and diplomas. I saw it was about UK requirements. Does anyone happen to know about what is required for America?

Thanks

Moon
mmarazzi
Makeup Artist

Unread postby mmarazzi » April 23rd, 2012, 6:30 pm

the1star
Makeup Artist

Unread postby the1star » May 10th, 2012, 8:18 pm

I did my niece's makeup for prom. She wanted a dramatic black smokey eye to go with her dress. She loved it! What do you think? (sorry the file is so large)

Shellykaren
Makeup Artist

Unread postby Shellykaren » August 20th, 2012, 5:56 pm

BlackCat Makeup Artistry
For the Purr-fect look

Return to “Makeup Artistry”