help with business names

Meet other students, discuss your assignments, and talk about the latest trends in makeup.
hindyhalpert
Makeup Artist

help with business names

Unread postby hindyhalpert » March 24th, 2012, 10:12 pm

hey everyone! i recently started the course and i'm ttly loving it! i need help thought with coming up with my business name. how did you all choose yours? any suggestions?
Aims
Makeup Artist

Re: help with business names

Unread postby Aims » April 5th, 2012, 1:25 am

I asked the girls I work with as well as other friends for their opinions on business names!! We came up with an awsome list and I picked my favourites.
Try thinking about names or words that mean something to you!
dathlostudios
Makeup Artist

Unread postby dathlostudios » May 4th, 2012, 4:31 pm

Well I wanted something personal to brand and well I figured the best thing to brand is ME. Makeup by David T is mine. The clients aren't just buying my makeup skills, they are buying me. My tutor LOVED that I picked this name because of that.
Shellykaren
Makeup Artist

Unread postby Shellykaren » August 19th, 2012, 1:21 pm

I chose blackcatmakeupartistry.com an shellykaren.com, is one that I use already. This is more a personal spot that houses my images that my husband and I shoot together. Shellykaren is a bit out dated haha the site not me .. although....
My husband and I have several things and sites on the go.
I have to get some focus into continuing to build my brand. blackcatmakeupartistry.com (name chosen as we have a few black cats, and I love the lines and the sleekness of jaguars and panthers... plus I have a blog spot. on google which i call "BlackCat Mews" (muse) Seemed like the natural transition and flow of things for me.
I post things on Wellness and beauty etc on Blackcat Muse (google blogspot) David is right using your personal name is fantastic name. It is 1/ more personal and 2/ a client won't forget it Catchy names are great and agreed it should have some meaning to you and be easy on the lips. Must flow...sound right have a ring, easy to spell and more. I trie to upload my logo but file to big I'll resize it and post later. You can find me on FB as Shelly k isfeld. add me if you wish.
BlackCat Makeup Artistry
For the Purr-fect look

Return to “Makeup Artistry”