Eye Lid Primer

Share ideas with your peers, discuss assignments, and get career advice.
jborbon77

Eye Lid Primer

Unread post by jborbon77 »

Hi there,

I was wondering if anybody had any recommendations on good eye lid primers. I currently use MAC's Painterly Paint Pot and NYX white primer and by mid day my eye shadow is creased and it looks oily and smears. Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks. :)
LaNenaCangri
Makeup Artist

Re: Eye Lid Primer

Unread post by LaNenaCangri »

I use the two faced one but its like 30.00 so i tryed the wet n wild fergie one and OMG ITS BETTER and like 25.00 cheaper. I got it at Walmart for like 4.00. Its so worth it. :D
Mari
Anita.Siri

Unread post by Anita.Siri »

I love Urban Decay's Primer Potion for $20.00
Or NYX eye shadow base ($7.00) works pretty well for me as well.

Hope that helps!
beautifulchaos

Unread post by beautifulchaos »

I use NYX jumbo pencils just to make my eye shadows pop but in terms of something that will minimize the creasing of shadows I swear by Too faced Shadow Insurance for my personal use (as the tube lasts a long time when it is only being used by me even though I wear it daily) and for clients I have started using Wet N' Wild's eye shadow primer or NYX eye shadow primers in the pots.

Almost every makeup range has a primer, many have multiple formulas as well. It is perfectly acceptable to have a high end and a low end product in your kit and for personal use. Also, a setting spray works well for that added insurance. I use either of the setting sprays by NYX, one is for matte finish (black bottle) and the other is for dewey finish (white bottle). These are $5.97 at my local Ulta. I stock up whenever they have their BOGO sales so I always have plenty on hand. They work just the same as the ones by Urban Decay. :D
AlejandraMMA
Makeup Artist

Unread post by AlejandraMMA »

Urban decay is a good choice also i currently usiing Too Faced primer is anti-crease and i'm loving it. It dosen't crease all day long and i always use my urban decay finishing spray
NataliaK

Unread post by NataliaK »

I use lime Crime candied eye eyeshadow helper. its A-Mazing!
Totally budge proof.. even went swimming forgetting I had makeup on and it didn't move. Well worth checking out.
maryanndrain
Makeup Artist

Unread post by maryanndrain »

I am totally faithful to Urban Decay, but I have also recently found e.l.f. products. They are wicked cheap. $3 for their primer vs. $20 for the UD. They have recently come out with one specifically for glitter that is supposed to rival Pixie Potion primers and is $2!!! I ordered it online recently and am waiting for my shipment. I will say the e.l.f. mineral primer vs the UD one is about 8 hours vs 12-14 respectively for creasing. I am the person who will have oil slicks to the point you can moisturize your hands with them from your eyelids, just to paint a picture, so that's the wear I get.
Lgullion

Unread post by Lgullion »

I used Milani Eye Primer... Had no creasing and wore it all day. It is cheap and awesome! Got mine at walmart.
AstridLux
Makeup Artist

Unread post by AstridLux »

If you're looking for a GREAT primer but at a bargain price check out E.L.F's eyelid primer. Its usually $2 or $3 and its easily comparable to UD's primer potion. You can buy it on their website if you don't have a store nearby. :D
KirstyLee1

Unread post by KirstyLee1 »

Heey there!
I use the NYX eye lid primers and LORAC PRO. But I do think Laura Mercier eye primers would be another good one too.