Cream Or Power Blush?

Share ideas with your peers, discuss assignments, and get career advice.
charlieboixoxo
Makeup Artist

Cream Or Power Blush?

Unread post by charlieboixoxo »

I have been doing some research and whatnot into this and I cannot decide which to go with overall for my kit. On one had cream blush seems to be a lot more pigmented and lasts longer than a powder. However on the flip side of that powder is easier to apply and from what people say is easier to work with. What are your thoughts on this subject? :)
Mrs G
Makeup Artist

Re: Cream Or Power Blush?

Unread post by Mrs G »

Hi, I have both types of blush in my kit. I mostly use the cream blush on mature skin and dry skin. Some people get dry patches on their cheeks during the winter and I use the cream blush then as well. And of course powder blushes are must haves for people with oily or combination or normal skin. Hope I helped
charlieboixoxo
Makeup Artist

Unread post by charlieboixoxo »

Thank you very much for your input! :D
beautifulchaos

Unread post by beautifulchaos »

Definitely agree that having both works best as you are going to apply what works well for your clients skin as well as why they're getting their makeup done. People who are getting their pictures taken, brides, performers, these are people who need a lot more staying power with their blush than someone who is just getting her makeup done for a special night out with her honey.