Using Models for Assignments...

Share ideas with your peers, discuss assignments, and get career advice.
AshleighTippett

Using Models for Assignments...

Unread postby AshleighTippett » March 2nd, 2014, 10:57 pm

Hey girls,

Just a question... Where some of the assessments say to use a model - Can you just use yourself for some? Or do you have to use different models ALL the time?

Might sound a bit stupid!
Lgullion

Re: Using Models for Assignments...

Unread postby Lgullion » March 3rd, 2014, 2:45 pm

I have been wondering too, because I am a stay at home mom and it is hard to wait every two weeks to use my sister n laws face...lol. Even then it is hard because we have kids all over the place. Models are very scarce.
AshleighTippett

Unread postby AshleighTippett » March 6th, 2014, 6:14 pm

Same with me - I can't always get my hands on a model, and sometimes even when you DO get a model and you take all your photo's etc... I have had situations before where I've accidentally lost the photo's - Or I've opened them up on my laptop only to find that they're not as good as I thought or blurry, or a part of the face is cut off or something - And you get kinda "told off" for it by your tutor hahaha. And it's like.. I didn't MEAN to, but it's not easy to always bring your models back and redo it.. So i'm like - Do I upload the crap pictures or re-do it on myself? :(
Rulookinatme2

Unread postby Rulookinatme2 » March 6th, 2014, 6:40 pm

Hi Ladies,

Okay, I am a new student however I think I can be of some help.

1. You are more than welcome to use "yourself" as your model...keep in mind applying make up to yourself and someone else are completely different things. Yeah you should be practicing on others, but if that's not possible, its only logical to use your own face. Also lean on neighbors, heck have make over parties where you invite one or two people over Petition local clerks at you neighborhood market. Just be proactive and of course, safe, especially if you do makeup in your home.

2. As for the photos - you HAVE to make sure your pics are not blurry, just simply focus your camera before you snap that shot. Take 2-4 shots of the same pic. Remember to use the light in your space to your advantage. Also PREVIEW your photos before you decide that you have all the shots you need. You've done too much work just to have your pics not come out right. Also try taking pics from your point and shoot camera, camera phone, or DSLR. This way you may get a shot or two you like on your phone as opposed to your point and shoot.

I hope this was somewhat helpful!!
[color=#4000BF]Don't Be A Blueprint Be An Original ... [/color]

Return to “Master Makeup Artistry”