building our makeup kits

Share ideas with your peers, discuss assignments, and get career advice.
spagirl

building our makeup kits

Unread post by spagirl »

I am curious as to what brands of makeup people are using in your kits? Any suggestions?
shimmerglam
Makeup Artist

Re: building our makeup kits

Unread post by shimmerglam »

In my opinion, it's all about personal preference. Price does not necesarily mean better, however, I would recommend having a few higher end options (due to pigmentation) in your kit. You want a wide range of options, for every skin type and color. Other than that, I just use what I like and it's always worked for me!
ana.p

Unread post by ana.p »

I choose RCMA foundation palettes because of high ratings and affordability. I've also got a ben nye neutral eye shadow palette and it's SUPER pigmented and i KNOW it will last me forever and be used a lot. and a graftobian corrector and Eve Pearl salmon concealer. Not super keen on the Eve Pearl, it's too moist. So far so good! I think it's best to stick to pro products as much as you can...it may not seem like it, but it is more affordable and you'll look professional to your clients! Would you look more forward to getting your makeup done with all Cover Girl cosmetics or pro products. I'll be purchasing more from LeCosmetique and getting some graftobian powder foundations and OCC lip tars. MUFE HD foundations are on my list for liquid foundations, but I'm waiting until IMATS to buy them. :) :D
spagirl

Unread post by spagirl »

Thanks for posting brands. There was a couple I hadnt heard of and need to check out!