what made you guys decide to become an mua?

Share ideas with your peers, discuss assignments, and get career advice.
MM41933

Unread postby MM41933 » April 21st, 2014, 3:54 pm

meag

Re: what made you guys decide to become an mua?

Unread postby meag » May 3rd, 2014, 12:39 pm

i wanted to further my knowledge in the makeup world as my main goal is to be a fashion stylist so why not have this in my background as well how about you?
Vanityladii

Unread postby Vanityladii » June 17th, 2014, 7:25 am

I'm a face painter and 80% of the adults loved how I did my makeup and asked if I did it professionally.

Every time I answered "No" that was money that was lost from me. I want to be able to offer a service to the over 10 yr olds as well. :mrgreen:
Getglam

Unread postby Getglam » June 20th, 2014, 3:43 am

I've always been pretty good at makeup compared to some who may struggle a bit more at makeup, and I've always been complimented on makeup and good it was. But to really make me want to do makeup is after I did my mums makeup and she was really happy and pleased that it made me feel good because I made her feel good about herself. :)
Ashleylovesmakeup

Unread postby Ashleylovesmakeup » June 23rd, 2014, 5:37 pm

I was always interested in arts/crafts, drawing; anything that showed off my creativity. Once I entered high school, I discovered makeup and taught myself from Youtube. It started off as a hobby, but once MAC Cometics makeup artists began complimenting my makeup on a daily basis I realized that it's my passion and I truly enjoy doing it; so I'm pursuing it as a career :D
klaird

Unread postby klaird » July 7th, 2014, 11:35 am

I never had a lot of knowledge in makeup growing up, but I wanted it. So, I joined a sub for makeup on Reddit, and instantly discovered how easy it was for me to spend hours discussing, swatching, experimenting, and enjoying this massive world of makeup. When I realized it was nearly all I thought about for several months, and my joy in it hadn't diminished even slightly, but rather, had grown exponentially, I knew this was what I wanted to pursue. :)
Kate86

Unread postby Kate86 » August 11th, 2014, 5:58 pm

Hi

I have always been interested in makeup but just didn't know how to go about it. For the last few years I have been struggling through uni doing courses I just didn't enjoy. I have always had an interest in hair and makeup I studied some units from the cert 3 in hairdressing but more enjoyed the hairstyling component of it. I can already do hairstyles and basic makeup but know I need some training to call my self a professional MUA. I want to do hair and makeup for weddings and formals or any other special occasions. I have creativity and feel I will do well it would be great to accomplish something really spectacular from this course I want to be remembered for my work. I look forward to collaborating with you all and getting started.

Ta kate

Return to “Master Makeup Artistry”